Closed Thread
Page 151 of 161 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1601
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

[QUOTE=AmyEL;

Its alright I know it might not necessarily be 6 weeks recovery, just what 'they' say... DH will have 7 weeks off now though :-)[/QUOTE]

7 weeks is awesome! It's really nice to spend that much time together as a new family unit!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi just on note of six weeks recovery. Apparently vaginal birth is 6 weeks recovery also as it takes about 6 weeks for uterus to shrink to normal size. I am 3 weeks post csect I am about 3kg off pre preg weight n that is no exercise whatsoever n I got clearance from my doctor to drive 10 days after csect. I was up walking 6am the morning after mason was born he was born at 7.11pm. I discharged myself 3 days after having mason. You will be fine I'm sure of it
    mason looks tiny compared to all babies lol you want bub to have a bit of size to them more to cuddle
    Adden mason also does awesome on breast he is only just getting the hang of bottles I express a couple of feeds a day being first grand baby lots of people like to be able to give him a cuddle n bottle I think the flow on the newborn teats are a little fast for him he dribbles every where and nearly chokes on the milk. But he is getting better

Thanks
    Reviews

Dragonfly they knew it wasn't an ideal situation, the midwife popped her head into my room at six in morning and said I heard there was a party in here last night! My face said it all, she told me they were in the process of trying to swap rooms but couldn't promise anything.

I had a mental health day yesterday, I lost it and cried and my blood pressure sky rocketed and wouldn't come down.

My old room mate had her little boy the day before at 25 weeks and they arranged for both of us to share again. It worked out best for everyone, we get along well. They really have bent over backwards to help me, they have been fantastic.

Two weeks down tomorrow, another week left until i meet my daughter and another five days after delivery to go home, I'm not counting am I? Roughly two weeks left! I've become part of the furniture here.

Is anyone else sad they won't be carrying their baby soon? Or you have had bubs and miss carrying bubs? It hit me tonight she is part of me but won't be inside me anymore, I will miss her jumping around inside me!

For the ladies who had a C/S did you have a spinal, epidural or general? Any tips on recovery

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrsoptomistic View Post
    Whoa! Just weighed bubs and she has put on 270g per week on average over the last 3 weeks (tomorrow)! Yay for breastfeeding!
    Wow that's heaps! Just slightly less than Jaan who was mainly bottle fed until 2 days ago. That's quite amazing!
    I've got nipple thrush now starting to get shooting pains, why is myBF such a nightmare?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Csect aren't that bad 5 sleeps how exciting I wish I had a day or two notice before mine so I could have gone to movies or one last romantic dinner before baby came I had your getting a csect baby will be in your arms in half an hour haha
    got a sneak peak of one of the pics from masons new born shoot. They couldn't put hats or beanies or nappy covers on him as he was to tiny lol so his are just all completely Nekkid
    Hehe that's a very cute one x

Thanks
    Reviews

Settling marathon from he*l tonight, poor little bubba just can't wind down.. Maybe he felt my excitement from my first mummy's group..

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I'm away a few days and miss heaps!
    Neb, congrats!! So happy for you!!
    Amy, I agree.. Safest way possible!!

Afm - we are still plodding along!
    Ella is in a cot and stabilised!!!
    Still having trouble feeding from a bottle, but fine from me.. It would be ok if she was home, but they can't release her till she is doing both.
    Another pic to annoy you cause I can't resist!!!
    Bless her she looks like she's in such a deep sleep

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Wow Amy I don't blame you for being shocked, but a lot can happen between now and then so who knows you still might go naturally but total agree with what ever is best for bubs so at least you can really prepare yourself now.

Love the pics mesh and adden keep em coming ( makes the rest of us waiting heaps excited to meet our own little miracles ).

How did you go with the room situation km?

So glad I'm not the only one with the cramp feeling. Either hoping something happens very soon or hope everything holds off for another two weeks. Oh another thing I have noticed, boobs are tender again, anyone else getting this?
    Yup same with me dragon - in fact in feeling similar systems to first trimester which is common apparently - crampy, tender boobs, headaches, dizziness etc

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mrs simmo View Post
    I have had cramping the last few days I have been hoping it a sign to the start
    My feet are swollen as are my ankles but seem to go down over night
    My boobs are normal I was starting to worry I won't have milk ??
    I was worried too about not having milk until I went to my breast feeding class and she said it was completely normal not to leak at all and ladies can experience all different levels of tenderness and once the placenta is out that's when the magic happens - supposedly! So that put me at ease a little bit!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kmvw View Post
    Dragonfly they knew it wasn't an ideal situation, the midwife popped her head into my room at six in morning and said I heard there was a party in here last night! My face said it all, she told me they were in the process of trying to swap rooms but couldn't promise anything.

I had a mental health day yesterday, I lost it and cried and my blood pressure sky rocketed and wouldn't come down.

My old room mate had her little boy the day before at 25 weeks and they arranged for both of us to share again. It worked out best for everyone, we get along well. They really have bent over backwards to help me, they have been fantastic.

Two weeks down tomorrow, another week left until i meet my daughter and another five days after delivery to go home, I'm not counting am I? Roughly two weeks left! I've become part of the furniture here.

Is anyone else sad they won't be carrying their baby soon? Or you have had bubs and miss carrying bubs? It hit me tonight she is part of me but won't be inside me anymore, I will miss her jumping around inside me!

For the ladies who had a C/S did you have a spinal, epidural or general? Any tips on recovery
    Km whilst I have hit the 'uncomfortable' stage of pregnancy now I am totally going to miss feeling bubs inside me and miss Rubin my beautiful belly...but I am more excited to have the baby in my arms so it takes over that emotion!!! All the more reason to get pregnant again lol!!