Closed Thread
Page 15 of 161 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

All the best tomorrow Jaebyrd, can't wait to see new baby photographs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi laladies saw my ob today and if bubs hasn't arrived by due date then he said he'll induce me. He said with ivf babies the conception date is spot on so no need to go past due date.

Has anyone been induced before? Am keen to hear a bit about it. He said ill be booked in for 9 jan at 9pm and be given a gel near my cervix then another dose the next morning depending how I progress. Apparently the first dose only brings on labour in 5% of women.

anyones experience and stories are welcome
    me again, clogging up the thread!
    I was induced with DS.
    I had the gel (I think!) but then the sentocin (sp??) drip which brought on labour for me.
    I was induced around 4pm on one day and delivered around 4pm the next day. It was awesome and I loved that it was slow enough to feel like real labour.
    he broke my waters with a pin prick thing and it was pretty smooth sailing!
    Will definitely be induced again unless I go early naturally. Im more than fine with that!
    you will be fine!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

Motherwillbe  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hay all dropping in to wish all the mums to be good luck xo
    As for me I'm I the countdown I have 11wks left till I finally get to meet my daughter still seems unreal hope everyone had a good Christmas

Thanks
    Reviews

These Obs are all so different! Obviously all our circumstances are also different..Mine avoids inductions as much as possible due to possibility of cascade of events. I'm scared shi*tless of induction which is why I chose this obs, but it's a personal thing. If I needed one I'd have pain relief which I'm also keen to have a go at avoiding.

This might be TMI but I think I've just had my show!

Meshell- read up pros and cons for vaginal examination, lots of clinicians do it but there are really only a few instances where it's required. (Initiation of pain relief being one). I am absolutely dreading the need for one, and really hope it's not required.
    This is my birth plan wishes in a perfect world that we have discussed with our Obs and will take to the hospital, happy for it to fly out the window if things go pair shaped of course:

Birth wishes:
    During labour we are hoping to use the knowledge and skills acquired from Calmbirth classes. We would like to avoid medical intervention however understand this will need to change if the labour is not progressing or our health care professionals suggest otherwise for the health of the baby.

Biggest fears:
    Health of baby
    Induction
    Increased anxiety levels on arrival to hospital
    Vaginal examinations

Goals:
    Calm birth if at all possible!:
    Avoid VE
    Stay at home as long as possible (until 5 minute contractions)
    Minimal staff involvement
    Not to know progression of dilation
    Avoid ARM
    Dim Lights throughout as much as possible
    Wear own clothes
    No clock
    NOT OK to have non essential medical staff
    Keep as active as possible
    Use TENS machine and panadol ( followed by gas, peth if really necessary)
    Avoid epi, IDC, IVT
    AVOID LYING ON BACK
    Managed 3rd stage
    Delayed cord clamping - maybe, might feel different at the time

Biggest goal: breast crawl following birth

If possible we would like to reduce our hospital stay and move to hotel or home as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Thanks
    Reviews

Wow busy thread today...I'm on my baby moon at the moment so not much time to post, but now that I'm relaxing after avery busy day I have tried to catch up.

Adden very excited about your air con so glad the manager could do that!!

All the bubba's are being born so soon, I'm still 9 weeks away. I'm interested to ask the OB about what happens if I'm over my due date! My next appt is 10th of Jan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Jarbyrd, good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meshell23 View Post
    Maybe I was confused I thought they said they check if starting to dilate right towards end of preg I may double check?
    I want my capsule in car n window shades on n pram in book hubby keeps telling me relax he will sort it closer to my date
    Check out:
    http://www.**********.com.au/pregnancy/vaginal-exams

Sorry the site is obviously restricted with BH as only ******* is showing
    Last edited by Beta; 27-12-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews

Beta, your wishes sound alot like what we are doing, less intervention the better but we are keeping an open mind also and just going with the flow.let us know if you start getting some contractions after your show!!

4 weeks left and starting to get nervous but getting uncomfortable so will be very glad to meet our little one.

Adden glad your aircon is being sorted, hating the heat so much at the moment and over in syd we've only had a few horrible days so far

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Beta, your wishes sound alot like what we are doing, less intervention the better but we are keeping an open mind also and just going with the flow.let us know if you start getting some contractions after your show!!

4 weeks left and starting to get nervous but getting uncomfortable so will be very glad to meet our little one.

Adden glad your aircon is being sorted, hating the heat so much at the moment and over in syd we've only had a few horrible days so far
    Really hoping we can pull it off! There is a scared part of me though that would love to just wake up after a cs and be done with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in...

My OB appointments are now fortnightly (from 30 weeks) so now at 32 weeks and they go weekly from end of Jan when I will be 36/37 weeks.

My OB doesn't do internals - he answers all my questions then checks if my ankles / feet are swollen, checks size and position of baby using hands, checks baby's heartbeat using a Doppler and then checks my blood pressure.

I have also decided not to have a physical birth plan even though I'm usually a control freak. This is just something that you just can't know or understand until it happens. My main goal is to get bubs out as quickly and as healthily for both of us. I don't want to have medication but if I need it I don't think I will hesitate for too long!!

Also bought and picked up our shiny new cot yesterday so will put this up on the weekend and will also get washing done for baby stuff. Hospital bag is also 90% packed