Closed Thread
Page 144 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1601
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Glad to hear your feeling better Nala, this parenting is not easy!

SL and mrs Simmo I am the opposite, I'm happy for her to stay for 2 more weeks while I get stuff done...we will see if she plays along. I was uncomfortable yesterday...but today I'm all good (so far). It's my first day of no work...feels strange. Also DH's last week at his job...so far no new jobs yet, I hope it won't be too long. I try not to let it stress me but it does...

Have a good day

Thanks
    Reviews

Well done with the role call SL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Ladies

Just updated the roll call - I apologise in advance if I have missed anyone - so much has happened since the last roll call! Also my apologies if I have the wrong date for anyone...for some reason I think the posts on my end appear on a different time or date to what it actually is if that makes sense!

Anyway great to see so many bubs that have been born and look forward to many more. So far 6 boys and 8 girls!!

Hope everyone is well - plodding around doing bits and pieces today and off to my aqua class tonight - may as well seeing as though there's no sign of this bubba coming out any time soon lol! 39 weeks tomorrow : )

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all your words of support and suggestions I was reading, but needed to rest rather than type on here. We where in the middle of a nightmare. Man talk about tears and feeling so helpless. We called our hospital nursery and they talked us through it and said that sometimes babies are just getting use to their surroundings. we also think that I was eating too much brocoli and cauliflower that can cause them some tummy upsets. Needless to say we have settled into a little bit of a better sleep of 3-4 hours which is a godsend I tell you! I think he was also extra hungry So we where topping him up but then he was throwing up... nightmare.

We have raised the bed up thinking it was reflux, and also been doing alot of reading and researching on sleeping patterns. Which I;m not sure has helped, I think the fact I had a good 3 sessions of 4 hours sleep has worked wonders.

We are investing in a swing, we have a rocker that vibrates but Braydon isn't that interested in it. Also have moved the bassinet around so that he has more of a view of the room.

Since I wrote my last post he hasn't needed to sleep on my chest, though I wear my sling thing to bed, just in case! lol

All trial and error isn't it. Oh I can't use dummies at the moment as I have a nipple shield on and the nurses reckon that too much plastic will confuse him when we want to loose the shields once my nipples get longer. So he gets my finger in his mouth a little bit to help soothe him.

You guys are the best, I was at such a loss and feeling sooo much better after a good patch of sleeps. First day home by myself today. We have been for a walk, my mum is on the way over now, just for a quick visit as she drives me banana's. Last week I was being selfish cause I didn't want any visitors and depriving her from seeing her grandchild... whatever. Such double standards, my brother didn't let anyone visit their baby for 6 weeks and she was fine with that. grrr

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions I have cut and pasted alot for those times when I need them again.
    Glad to hear from you and that you are doing better Nala - so happy that you have been able to seek positivity and help from this thread xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Glad to hear you are a bit more sleep enhanced!! Take care and post when u need it....

SL, AmyEL, Simmo, yourbabiesarenearly here - so exciting for you...can't wait...

afm: little Elizabeth is doing well. Feeds 3 hourly in day and then at night ( feel free to hate me girls) she gives me from 11 pm til 4 am, ad then feeds for an hour, then I get to bed at 5 and she wakes again at 8 am! I am nervous about posting it as it might change and then I've jinxed myself!

My poor nipples are holding up but only just! And the left side is excruciating but I am immensely proud I have managed to get her on the boobiee as I didn't manage it with my first DD1.
    have a good day girls
    Greats news on the BFing - well done you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Me too !

Have any of those having surprises been dreaming bout what they are having... I keep having dreams that we have a little girl... We'll see though!!
    Amy we're having a surprise too...I'm adamant it's a boy and DH is adamant it's a girl...at the start of the pregnancy I dreamt of a girl, most of the way through pregnancy have dreamt of a boy then in the last couple of weeks back to girl again!!

I think maybe its a natural thing to dream of a girl I think subconsciously every girl wants a girl at some point if that makes sense???

How r u feeling Amy? I'm over it now really and just want bubs in my arms lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

I wonder what it will be...a surprise is exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews

Tell me about it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks so much for all your words of support and suggestions I was reading, but needed to rest rather than type on here. We where in the middle of a nightmare. Man talk about tears and feeling so helpless. We called our hospital nursery and they talked us through it and said that sometimes babies are just getting use to their surroundings. we also think that I was eating too much brocoli and cauliflower that can cause them some tummy upsets. Needless to say we have settled into a little bit of a better sleep of 3-4 hours which is a godsend I tell you! I think he was also extra hungry So we where topping him up but then he was throwing up... nightmare.

We have raised the bed up thinking it was reflux, and also been doing alot of reading and researching on sleeping patterns. Which I;m not sure has helped, I think the fact I had a good 3 sessions of 4 hours sleep has worked wonders.

We are investing in a swing, we have a rocker that vibrates but Braydon isn't that interested in it. Also have moved the bassinet around so that he has more of a view of the room.

Since I wrote my last post he hasn't needed to sleep on my chest, though I wear my sling thing to bed, just in case! lol

All trial and error isn't it. Oh I can't use dummies at the moment as I have a nipple shield on and the nurses reckon that too much plastic will confuse him when we want to loose the shields once my nipples get longer. So he gets my finger in his mouth a little bit to help soothe him.

You guys are the best, I was at such a loss and feeling sooo much better after a good patch of sleeps. First day home by myself today. We have been for a walk, my mum is on the way over now, just for a quick visit as she drives me banana's. Last week I was being selfish cause I didn't want any visitors and depriving her from seeing her grandchild... whatever. Such double standards, my brother didn't let anyone visit their baby for 6 weeks and she was fine with that. grrr

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions I have cut and pasted alot for those times when I need them again.
    Very glad to hear things have improved. Understand re your mum, we went into hiding from everyone for 4 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

Girls what is a 'primary caregiver'? I am now worried as DH is out of work at the end of the month and until he finds new work obviously we will both be home...

Does that no longer make me the primary caregiver for maternity leave? DH says I'm worrying about nothing as he won't be the primary caregiver as he will be busy finding a job and doing odd jobs here and there in the meantime.

What are your ladies thoughts?

I have searched for a clear definition but really there isn't one...hmm