Closed Thread
Page 142 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1601
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Yes km it's definitely getting me prepared!! Can't believe only 9 days until due date now I'm so ready to be a mummy!!! Hope time is flying for you in hospital!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala9000 View Post
    Omg I'm so so tired, Braydon isn't sleeping well at all, nights are a nightmare. Days he isn't sleeping well either. He cries all time unless he is on my chest. Won't sleep in the bassinet. At night I try to sleep sitting up with him on my strapped safely on my chest, I don't know what I am doing wrong or even if I'm cut out for this

Nala : how old is Braydon now?
    my first DD1 did exactly the same and it does leave you feeling absolutely exhausted and depressed. I used to dread the nights so much as I'd be up trying to settle. Hang in there. I'm with you sweety. Remember every night past is one night less of sleep deprivation. Eventually they will sleep thru the night or give you 4 hours ins row.

i agree with the other posts that co sleeping is really not good. Nit only does it increase SIDS but it trains your bubba to sleep only eith you. You need some time out and sleep too, an exhausted mum is nit good for you or your family.vR u brewstfeeding. I find that someone else is better at settling than me as my DH doesn't smell of milk. Sometimes tough love is the only way to go. Wrap him tightly after a feed, give a cuddle, then put him down in cot. Put your hand on him with gentle pressure and then pat rhythmically continually even if he is crying. Then as he settles ( which he will). Can take 20 min to settle, start slowing down your pats and eventually stop patting and rest your heavy hand in him for about 20 secs. Then leave the room. Only go back in after at least 5 mins of crying. Continue this until he falls asleep. Eventually he'll cotton on tovthe fact he can't sleep on you and give up. My DD1 was very stubborn though and I would take 2 hours to settle but eventually she gave me 4 hours ina row and I felt like a new women. It's harder in you than the baby as ou will feel so gert wrenched as he is crying and you'll want to pick him up, but stay stroong.

Sorry for the lecture but by the time someone told me what to do I was so exhausted we ended up in hospital at the bad baby centre as call it - trsellium. It took the centre 5 days to help me and my DD1 as she was so used to only sleeping with me and by 16 weeks I was shattered.

Lastly have you considered reflux? The fact he only like sleeping on you may mean he likes the upright position for reflux babies.vthey typically are he'd to settle, poor sleepers And feeders. Try putting some books under one end of your cot to elevate one end and see if that helps.

Lastly you can PM me and I can give you a call. Not sure where you live. Do you have anyone that can come and give ou a rest for 4 hours?? I'd your mum around?

hope that helps.
    Thinking of you and hoping little Braydon gives you some rest today. Hugs and hang in there sweety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Nala I would suggest getting a swing,the kind that can either go back and forgot left to right. Ds didn't sleep much ( especially in the day) but with the motion and the ocean sounds that the one we borrowed had, he was out of it in no time . Needless to say buying out own was top priority this time. Hang in there it does get easier.

Sl you cracked me and dh up. You mentioned snoring, well dh had to wake me up cause I was snoring so load he couldn't hear the tv. Ha ha guess we are in the same boat, but such a coincidence that you mentioned it this morning.

Thanks
    Reviews

I forgot to mention about snoring as well, I've never snored but since being pregnant I have. To the point my DH would wake me because I was so loud. Wonder what my room mate thinks! I've offered to buy her ear plugs but she declined lol. At least DH is getting a good nights sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews

Gampa thanks for the advice...even though it was for Nala ill try and remember it once my bubs is born!

Thanks
    Reviews

Getting babies to sleep and getting sleep yourself are a very personal thing I think. As long as everyone is safe do what works. Personally I couldn't let my baby cry for any reason whatsoever and neither can DH. My baby sleeps 4 hours at a time with my method so obviously I'm pro cosleeping. I just hope everyone can come to their own arrangement that feels right and get on top of fatigue and seek help if its not working. I met a pediatrician new mum who's baby screams all day, she cosleeps at night, the only way anyone gets sleep. All depends on mums and bubbas!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    Nala I would suggest getting a swing,the kind that can either go back and forgot left to right. Ds didn't sleep much ( especially in the day) but with the motion and the ocean sounds that the one we borrowed had, he was out of it in no time . Needless to say buying out own was top priority this time. Hang in there it does get easier.

Sl you cracked me and dh up. You mentioned snoring, well dh had to wake me up cause I was snoring so load he couldn't hear the tv. Ha ha guess we are in the same boat, but such a coincidence that you mentioned it this morning.
    What brand is the swing dragon?

Thanks
    Reviews

Neb-did you have your bubba?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Does anyone else always wake up with a headache? Or just me? Ouchies!!! My headaches are the same as they were in the first trimester now...booo!!!

Re snoring...I have never been a snorer either so I'm putting it down to the extra weight and god willing it will gradually decrease once baby is here. Aren't guys funny?? My DH snores heaps but I can sleep through it even though its loud! I remember when we first got our 2nd dog as it was too little to sleep outside with the older one yet the only way he would sleep was in our room in his bed and he snored so loud my DH couldn't handle it so I slept on the couch with the puppy for 3 weeks!!! He can sleep through a loud tv and other things just not snoring!!!

Well I've managed to catch up on some sleep after lack of it last night...I got up at 9 and had some breakfast went back to bed watched tv for a bit and just woke up...yes it's midday!! Feel so lazy but I obviously needed it!!

Thanks
    Reviews

I found warm bath and massage then a big feed made my little one sleep well at night lol I used to do it at around midnight just so I could get a couple of hours sleep. She was awake most of the night and sleeping all day. But thankfully she sleeps better during the night now.