Reviews
    Rosie (DD1) with
    Elizabeth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Is there a link between IVF and tongue ties??
    poor you adden - I don't have milk yet either just colostrum and we are mixing hand expressing with feeding as latching is problematic with the tongue. And it does traumatise the nipple. Elizabeth is slightly jaundiced too but no in need on phototherapy yet.v our tongue tie is mild and she has been referred to the clinic but as she can feed - even if latching is hard- they don't think it will need snipping.
    Hope you feel better soon and get those much needed cuddles.....
    I had colostrum for 1 day, now I have not a drop
    Same with ds.. Dont know if my body just needs longer as they were both prem??
    She is on formula and a feeding tube but struggling keeping formula down at the moment, so not able to hold her for a few hours!
    I'm double pumping every 2 hours and popping into the nursery when I feel up to it.
    I'm only just hanging in there today. It's a rough road for this little girl!

Thanks
    Reviews

And I just found out my discharge day is tomorrow! So annoyed!! I have to drive 30 mins each way to the hospital and I'm not ready for it!
    I need a medical reason to stay.. Anyone?? Hee hee
    No milk seems good enough to me, but apparently not! Grrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    And I just found out my discharge day is tomorrow! So annoyed!! I have to drive 30 mins each way to the hospital and I'm not ready for it!
    use tears and emotional instability - wworks e very time. I'm using it and I'm getting to stay 6 days just so I an have the lactation help

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gampa For This Useful Post:

adden  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

No sipping yet needed, but latching hard ++++, and painful too. It's amazing, one little injury can delay things badly, and I totally get the one squeeze e too hard = disaster! That's what happened yesterday and now I'm Suffering from it all day today. Is your nipple healed now? Are you using a shield? Did you have to get help from a lactation consultant.
    Nipple still not healed! I've seen a few LCs but the best was returning to my hospital for a day session with a great LC and getting the TT fixed per her advice. I have 2 more sessions booked over 2 weeks. I tried a shield but Jaan won't use it anymore and I'm scared of further confusing him.
    I had my first breastfeed session in public today at the park when he went nuts, nice to be able to pull out a boob rather than a bottle!
    Hope your latch improves. Lovely photo!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    I didn't realize they d/c you! OMG that is stressful. Hope something works out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGONFLY17 View Post
    So happy bf is working beta. Can't believe he is a month old already ( and some of us still have a month to go).

Sl did the doc say you that bub was engaged? Any sign of a show either?
    No sign of show and baby not engage as of last Tuesday - seeing OB again on Wednesday I reckon baby is engaged now

Thanks
    Reviews

What a cutie pie! Glad you asked for a different midwife and hope you're feeding gets easier and less painful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all,

been a bit preoccupied trying to get Breast feeding established and sleeping...

congrats Adden - so beautiful...
    Beta - what an achievement with the breast feeding...I know how hard it can be. And that is such an accomplishment. Did your little one have a tongue tie. Can't remember why you had issues but my little Elizabeth has a tongue tie too! And it makes latching so hard doesn't it. I'm glad you preserved. I'm trying to as well.

SL1009- that pain in the pubic symphysis is inflammation at the pubic symphysis bone. There's cartilage there that sometimes gets inflamed in pregnancy as the ligaments stretch. It may mean you are getting ready for labour. How exciting! I had it with Elizabeth and it got so bad that I could barely walk in the last few days.best thing to do is rest up and take it easy.
    Meschell - so cute. He sounds a delight little mason.

AFM: day 3 now. Elizabeth is doing so well. Feeding every 3 hours in day but sleeping for 5 overnight. !! We had some nipple trauma and I had to rest the left side and express for 24 hours and Elizabeth has a mild tongue tie . Most lactation consultants here have been great although one *****y one yesterday told me to toughen up and that breast feeding hurts and to get over it!! I was in tears and made a complaint and refused to let her care for me today. But apart from that doing well.

so looking forward to more pics from people, more stories and more beautiful babies
    Also how long did you start having the pain before Elizabeth made her arrival?x

Thanks
    Reviews

Rosie (DD1) with
    Elizabeth
    What beautiful girls you have such a gorgeous pic she must be such a proud big sister!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SL1009 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)