Default IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2013 #4

Congrats Gampa, she is perfect.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rachael3 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

She is such a cutie gampa, glad you stood up for yourself. Bf shouldn't hurt what was she on about. Think some staff need to seriously think what profession they are in.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DRAGONFLY17 For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Gampa very cute! How rude, they are there to help you. At the lactation classes I have been to every lactation consultant has told everyone it shouldn't hurt! If it does hurt there is an issue and they are there to sort it out for you. I'd put in a complaint as well!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So cute Gampa! And what a good little sleeper!!!
    Ella has tongue tie too! She also was born with a natal tooth! its a tooth that didn't grow properly and it is in a little cyst in her mouth.
    they don't treat it, it just goes away apparently
    She will get her tongue cut in the next couple of days so we can try breast feeding (still no milk over here!) as she is quite severe and won't be able to feed at all with it as it is - also she will have speech difficulty if we don't treat it.
    had a rough night, i miss her so much and just want to cuddle her!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to adden For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Gampa View Post
    Hi all,

been a bit preoccupied trying to get Breast feeding established and sleeping...

congrats Adden - so beautiful...
    Beta - what an achievement with the breast feeding...I know how hard it can be. And that is such an accomplishment. Did your little one have a tongue tie. Can't remember why you had issues but my little Elizabeth has a tongue tie too! And it makes latching so hard doesn't it. I'm glad you preserved. I'm trying to as well.

SL1009- that pain in the pubic symphysis is inflammation at the pubic symphysis bone. There's cartilage there that sometimes gets inflamed in pregnancy as the ligaments stretch. It may mean you are getting ready for labour. How exciting! I had it with Elizabeth and it got so bad that I could barely walk in the last few days.best thing to do is rest up and take it easy.
    Meschell - so cute. He sounds a delight little mason.

AFM: day 3 now. Elizabeth is doing so well. Feeding every 3 hours in day but sleeping for 5 overnight. !! We had some nipple trauma and I had to rest the left side and express for 24 hours and Elizabeth has a mild tongue tie . Most lactation consultants here have been great although one *****y one yesterday told me to toughen up and that breast feeding hurts and to get over it!! I was in tears and made a complaint and refused to let her care for me today. But apart from that doing well.

so looking forward to more pics from people, more stories and more beautiful babies
    Whaaaaat?? Toughen up?? My left nipple has been a problem for 4 weeks ever since some nurse in the hospy squeezed it so bad it cracked and never healed! Jaan became nipple confused after bottle feeding from jaundice, the tongue tie was discovered 3 days ago when I went to LC to start BF. only day 3 of bf it hurts from trying to get the latch correct but I'm persevering no matter what at least I can take a break as Jaan happy to bottle feed as well. Will Elizabeth have the TT snipped? I was against it but glad I did def helps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Beta For This Useful Post:

Gampa  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Ella has tongue tie too! She also was born with a natal tooth! its a tooth that didn't grow properly and it is in a little cyst in her mouth.
    She will get her tongue cut in the next couple of days so we can try breast feeding (still no milk over here!) as she is quite severe and won't be able to feed at all with it as it is - also she will have speech difficulty if we don't treat it.
    Poor little love, and poor you too, I was crying all the time when Jaan was in phototherapy so I cannot imagine how you are feeling. Really hope the time flies and you can start bf ASAP when the TT is fixed. Hope you can hold Ella more soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by adden View Post
    Is there a link between IVF and tongue ties??
    poor you adden - I don't have milk yet either just colostrum and we are mixing hand expressing with feeding as latching is problematic with the tongue. And it does traumatise the nipple. Elizabeth is slightly jaundiced too but no in need on phototherapy yet.v our tongue tie is mild and she has been referred to the clinic but as she can feed - even if latching is hard- they don't think it will need snipping.
    Hope you feel better soon and get those much needed cuddles.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Whaaaaat?? Toughen up?? My left nipple has been a problem for 4 weeks ever since some nurse in the hospy squeezed it so bad it cracked and never healed! Jaan became nipple confused after bottle feeding from jaundice, the tongue tie was discovered 3 days ago when I went to LC to start BF. only day 3 of bf it hurts from trying to get the latch correct but I'm persevering no matter what at least I can take a break as Jaan happy to bottle feed as well. Will Elizabeth have the TT snipped? I was against it but glad I did def helps.

No sipping yet needed, but latching hard ++++, and painful too. It's amazing, one little injury can delay things badly, and I totally get the one squeeze e too hard = disaster! That's what happened yesterday and now I'm Suffering from it all day today. Is your nipple healed now? Are you using a shield? Did you have to get help from a lactation consultant.

Thanks
    Reviews