We all feel ur pain xx
We all feel ur pain xx
1. We had DH's swimmers tested and because the morphology and motility came up lowish, I put him on a cocktail of supplements including a male pre conception multi-vitamin and 1000mg of vitamin C per day. We were also seeing a naturopath who gave him this awful concoction to drink.
2. I started taking evening primrose oil to help with EWCM as I had pretty much zero of it. I would take it from the start of AF to the day I ovulated and then stop until AF arrives again.
3. I took baby asprin from the day AF finished until she reared her ugly head again next cycle and start again. Note that it must be baby asprin (80mg).
4. We used pre-seed lubricant when DTD day before ovulation, day of ovulation and day after ovulation.
5. Had my progesterone tested. This was a biggie because my progesterone readings 7 dpo were very low. I was put on 50mg Clomid to improve this and I was also using a progesterone cream from the day of ovulation until AF arrived. My progesterone reading went from 16 without Clomid to 69 with it!
6. I had a stash of cheapie OPK's but because I never got a true positive with them, I bought myself the Clearblue ovulation predictor kit and it was awesome! Took the guess work out of it all as you get a smiley face if you're ovulating and a blank face if you're not. I would use the cheapies until the second line showed up and then would test witht he clearblue until that smiley face appeared.
That's about all I can come up with for now. I wish you the best of luck in getting your much wanted bubba
Oh goodness... 12 months I would go crazy and my DP would be so upset and on my case all the time (he is so excoited to start our family)
Thanks FirstTimeMummy! Always good to have extra ideas just in case!
As for my DP swimmers he has two kids already so apparently he is fine :\ ... but he has offered to be tested to ease my mind.
I was looking into Evening Primrose... Is it bad if you take it when you ovulate if you aren't 100% certain if you are or not? for example you take it and then later that day get a positive OPK? As I am not going to chart or take temps as that will stress me out BIG time!
I don't think many doctors will get me those tests yet as I haven't been trying 'long enough'
Thank you so much and congrats on your bub! by the looks of your ticker is a girl?! yay!!
How long have you been trying?
MCB - yup its a disappointing game this TTC, but so worth it. I am on my 11th cycle TTC. We have an 18mth old so clearly we are fertile. We had DH's swimmers tested and his results were awesome. Apparently each time we DTD 400 million sperm of great quality are inside me and we still arent pregnant. I have regular cycles and BT show i ovulate and progesterone etc is fine. So who knows - by all accounts we should be pregnant by now and are just unlucky...
Channy, since late(ish) 2012.
Oh my goodness how frustrating for you Mumsical... Its amazing you have one baby and yet the next one just seems harder to concieve I REALLY hope you get your second baby soon - I am sure you DHs wonderful top quality spermies will do their job soon
Thanks Channy! I am just so glad I decided to get my implanon removed early (wasn't going to be removed until Feb this year!) but I am way too baby crazy to wait hehe
MCB. Unfortunately yes, this ttc thing is all a numbers game. It SUCKS, I know cos Ive been doing it for 18 months now.... Be assured that time is on your side, so your chances of falling pg are good.
FS rang today, I can start jabbing again on Sun. First Bt is next friday. Back on the hampsterwheel again......
Random thought: just ran around the house making sure it's all clean and tidy, washing and dishes done, food in the fridge so I didn't leave it all for hubby when I go away tomorrow for three days and I just thought..if DH was leaving, he would just think to pack and leave lol. Women must b built different in so many ways.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!