Closed Thread
Page 37 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Lil Smurfy... My GP told me I ovulate after AF (like day 13 - 17) it's all too confusing but my lower abdomen feels tender and heavy!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Each cycle starts with AF. So you do technically ovulate before and after AF - because it's cyclical.

Traditionally they say you have a 28 day cycle, Day 1 being your first day of bleeding, with ovulation being on Day 14 (obviously this varies a lot from woman to woman) and your luteal phase (post ovulation) being approx 14 days, after which AF should show, or if you're pregnant, won't.

So you ovulate after that cycle's menstrual bleed, and before the next cycle's bleed. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

So just went to target to buy pictionary and came back to work with a Cookie Monster onesie lol woops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow!
    Its all very technical!!
    So if I haven't had AF is it likely that these symptoms are ovulation?
    Driving me nuts that I cannot time anything to know when to dtd!!

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

Shelby- I hope you're right! It's a long time until the Feb 4th!!

Channy- I've been thinking I won't temp this month either. We're also going on hols for Australia Day which is when I'm due to O. Going with DHs family and shearing a small room with DD. the thermometer beeping early in the AM will just be too much. I also think we need a picture of that onsie!!

Sevven- I hope to see a BFP from you in a few days!

MWL- I agree. There's plenty of time to change habits when you see that second line. DH and I were blind drunk after his brothers wedding and got DD from that night. She's perfect. and don't "they" say relax? How can you do that when you feel like your living in the edge? Good for you for being good to yourself!!

MCB- you can ovulate before your first period. That's how some people get pregnant even while breastfeeding or just off BC. They don't know their cycle has started again. Some women, however, can have a period without ovulating first. Everyone's different. But Rainbows right. It is cyclical once it gets started.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts ladies. I was really upset this morning but am better now. I'm excited to hear what the naturopath has to say tomorrow. I find that stuff interesting. Couldn't get into my GP until next Friday because she's on holiday this week then booked out next week. But that's ok. It'll break up the TWWB4O a bit.
    Last edited by Three Little Birds; 09-01-2013 at 14:27.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (09-01-2013),shelby27  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks squigg!
    I first thought I was already UTD because I've had heaps on symptoms now I'm scared I'm just ovulating.
    Guess I'll just DTD (know DP will be happy with that!) and wait and see how it goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Home from holidays today I have my computer again so I can follow along and post properly from now on. to those who have gotten AF

Im CD11 and waiting for O. OPK was neg this morning but should darker over the next few days. My temp also dipped down today so i think O will come on day 14/15. Good Luck everyone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Three Little Birds  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    So just went to target to buy pictionary and came back to work with a Cookie Monster onesie lol woops

ooops! oh well. im sure its adorable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Squiggs & Shelby - Sorry to hear AF arrived. FX for a Feb BFP for you both! Good luck at your naturopath Squiggs

Sevven - How exciting! FX your shadow line gets darker and a nice pink to it over the next few days! Do you have many ICs left? I would be POAS at least once daily to see if the line gets darker. But im a POASaholic... lol

Mumofprincess - im so sorry to hear of your losses. There are ladies out there who havent got a BFP on a HPT for a week or more after AF is due for various reasons. Hopefully your symptoms are something happening Try not to stress, those injections arent painful, just irritating, and im petrifiend of needles. I had to ahve them after my C-sect daily until i left hospital.

MLW - you are so patient! I bet your dress is absolutely stunning. I Wish i had the patience and skill to sew gorgeous clothes. I CAN sew...but im a very new novice Hang in there, we will get our BFP soon. I too announced my first pregnancy to EVERYONE... Only to MC about 2 weeks later.. With DS i kept quiet and was worried the entire time... Im more relaxed this time though Treat yourself to some regular coffee and the occasional wine, it wont hurt! Living life for the 'what if' side of things, can really put a damper on things!

MrsLA - O is horrible But a nessicary evil when TTC, These past 2 months off BC have been horrid, but it cleared up my fear of thinking i wasnt ovulating all the time. Hopefully 3rd time lucky in a few days and i wont have to deal with it for another 9mnths.

Waitinghoping - Thanks, me too

MichelleClareBear - As for ovulation/pregnancy with cervix pain... TMI but the day before and of ovulation for me, if i DTD i keep kicking DF as it hurts (aka tender cervix).... I never felt it at all when pregnant with DS. FX you are about to ovulate and get your BFP in a couple of weeks!! Id DTD just to be sure Also, its slightly different, but mums who Breastfeed can fall pregnant again without getting AF back, so it must be possible to Ovulate before AF... I guess its a bit of a "chicken/egg and what came first" type debate.

Channy - That is something i would do!! LOL I LOVE looking at baby stuff

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

MichelleClareBear  (09-01-2013),mumofprincess  (10-01-2013),Three Little Birds  (09-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Me what? What would I like? A girl but would love a BFP first lol
    See, this is me just assuming you will be "with child" very soon!
    J xx.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (09-01-2013)