Closed Thread
Page 106 of 149 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1481
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Waitinghoping - thinking of you, sorry about your gran

Mrs LA - it really sucks hey. Just about every single one of my friends are pregnant (about 9 ladies) and I have been TTC longer than them. I am really happy for them and for ages it didn't bother me, but the last few months I am starting to feel really sad about it and each time yet another friend gets pregnant I just feel so sorry for myself Of course I would never say anything or show it as that would ruin their happiness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    CD1 for me. AF just arrived as expected. This was my first long cycle in my 12 months TTC. 37days. Not too bad - but when you are used to 26-29 days it felt like forever.

My husband just left to go to Adelaide for a month. He gets back on March 1st so I will definitely be skipping this cycle. When he gets back he is only home for 3 months before going away again for 5 months.

I haven't spoken to DH yet but I am seriously considering seeing the FS this month and keep TTC naturally when he gets home. If we have not fallen during these 3 months - just go straight into IVF. If we get all his part done before he leaves, I could do the IVF cycles while he is away (5 months). That way I would probably be UTD for when he returns and he would be home for the birth etc. Do you think this is crazy? All tests we have had done so far show no fertility problem whatsoever, we even have a 19 month old together. But I am 33 this year and we always thought we wanted 3 kids. With DH being away so much its going to really limit our TTC potential....

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mumsical, sorry to hear you have to skip a cycle. It sucks
    Re your maybe plan:

Some things to consider -

1) How will your DH feel about you going through it, and potentially 'making a baby' without him physically present?

2) Do you have a support network around you? IVF is physically and emotionally demanding. You'll need time off to go to appointments, have bloods and scans, you'll need someone to take you to and from egg collection, you will probably feel absolutely buggered all the time (I'm on my 2nd day of injections and I'm exhausted already ), so you'll probably need extra helping looking after your DS.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying think it over, because it's hard. I know my DP would be totally devastated not being a part of it. She feels really involved because she's giving me my injections (most of them), coming to scans with me when she can, and will be with me when I wake up after egg collection.

I would really struggling doing this alone, to be honest.

Just trying to give you the other side, too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #6

Sorry to hear mumsical. I was hoping you'd be moving over to oct due group. Hopefully you have luck in those 3 months. Definitely see the FS asap as there might be something you can do when DH is here.

Mine and DS's birthdays today. We had a great pool party this morning so time for an arvo nap.

I've booked an early scan for 19 feb. Hoping everything is ok. Will be relieved to see a heartbeat.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

If anyone's interested iherb.com has vitex 100tablets for less than $6 much cheaper and higher quantity than local. They have a lot of pregnancy / fertility natural stuff on there too

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #6

Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Arrgh how annoying rainbow!

Mumofprincess- hope its implantation cramping

Got a call this morning, my gran is not expected to live much longer. She had been frail for a long time but is now refusing food and fluids, and no longer recognises or responds to anyone. So sad and breaks my heart, she has been such an important part of my life. I apologize if I'm not around much over the next few days
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Big hugs for you.

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsLA - I'm sorry your sister is being difficult. Some people just don't get it. I know I didn't at first because DD was a surprise. Hopefully you'll be UTD soon and won't have to deal with it anymore. I woulda held the bottle up too! Haha.

Shadow - I have the same problem about how to announce if we become pregnant before my SIL. They've been trying longer than we have and she keeps getting pregnant but losing the bubs. When my other SIL fell, she told them separate from everyone else which was nice (they showed up to Christmas late). SIL #1 had a bit of a cry on the way home but is happy for them. SIL #1 was glad they were told the same day everyone else knew but was happy it was done the way it was. So, honesty is best, but hard too. I'm hoping we announce at the same time!

Kelsie - sorry your friend was acting like that. How rude! Sounds like she isn't doing well at the moment. Hopefully she gets some help, be it professional or from a friend, and you two can move on still friends.

Rainbow - I can't believe someone would say that!! What's wrong with people? Is it a full moon or something?

Waiting - I hope your grandma is ok and if not, she goes without pain and surrounded by love!

Mumsical - I don't think that's a bad idea at all to see what the FS has to say. We're booked in to see the FS in May. I could have gotten in earlier with a locum but I'd rather see the one everyone raves about. There are only so many in Wollongong. I think it takes some of the worry away when you have that apt whenever it may be. Somewhere in the back of your mind you know that there's a Plan B already in effect. Rainbow has some good points about going ahead with IVF while DH is gone. Let us know what DH thinks!

Noty - Happy Birthday! How are you feeling?

Whew! Is that everyone? Busy weekend on Bubhub!

AFM - 11DPO - if the vitex hasn't kicked in then AF is due tomorrow. Can't even symptom spot today because I had 3 drinks in 5 hours including dinner and am so hung over. Hoping it's because I'm UTD. Still not sure if I'm gonna test tomorrow. I've had such a good feeling that this is our month from the beginning and am terrified there's only going to be one line! Guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Three Little Birds For This Useful Post:

Mumsical  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Mumsical, sorry to hear you have to skip a cycle. It sucks
    Re your maybe plan:

Some things to consider -

1) How will your DH feel about you going through it, and potentially 'making a baby' without him physically present?

2) Do you have a support network around you? IVF is physically and emotionally demanding. You'll need time off to go to appointments, have bloods and scans, you'll need someone to take you to and from egg collection, you will probably feel absolutely buggered all the time (I'm on my 2nd day of injections and I'm exhausted already ), so you'll probably need extra helping looking after your DS.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm just saying think it over, because it's hard. I know my DP would be totally devastated not being a part of it. She feels really involved because she's giving me my injections (most of them), coming to scans with me when she can, and will be with me when I wake up after egg collection.

I would really struggling doing this alone, to be honest.

Just trying to give you the other side, too.
    Thanks for that Rainbow - I really have not much clue about what IVF entails. I don't work so no issue with appts and I am sure I could find someone to help me get to and from etc.

I am sure that my DH will feel strange about IVF and will definitely need some convincing. This is why I haven't mentioned it yet. I guess I feel like with him being away so much and the fact that we have been trying 12 months now - that who knows how long it might take us to fall pregnant. Even for this year - we will only have 4 months out of 12 that we can actually even try naturally.

I am not overly worried about needing support emotionally and being tired. I know it will be hard but my DH has to go away - this cant be helped. I also don't see how the IVF drugs could be any worse than if I was actually pregnant. With my DS I was sick as a dog from 5-25 weeks. I was dead tired all the time and would vomit everything I ate (literally) It was the worst thing and I am dreading being pregnant again for this reason. I had to be hospitalised it got so bad.

So either way, I know it will be hard but I will just have to suck it up. I am a very strong and capable person - I know what you get at the end - a beautiful perfect baby. Anything is worth that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

Oh wow u poor thing mumsical, morning sickness scares the hell out of me! Hp u and DH make a decision that will leave u feeling better about how to proceed.

Happy birthday noty xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Oh wow u poor thing mumsical, morning sickness scares the hell out of me! Hp u and DH make a decision that will leave u feeling better about how to proceed.

Happy birthday noty xxx
    It sucks Channy! Although most people even if they do get morning sickness usually only get it until about 12 weeks. I remember my Mum telling me horror stories about how badly she suffered with all 3 of her pregnancies and I was hopeful that I wouldn't be like her. Nope - I was worse. I had to stop working at 12 weeks because I just couldn't function. The toilet was also a trip in a lift away and this really wasn't ideal lol

Happy Birthday Noty!!