Closed Thread
Page 104 of 146 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1457
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

I don't feel sorry for her either I love wine but like u, I'd much rather a baby, Iv got my whole life to drink wine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a few too many myself last night Channy and am feeling sorry myself still and it's nearly 6pm! HAHA I am a hopeless hungover person!

I was with a couple of girlfriends last night and one of them is going through some personal issues and she told me that she had a one night stand (with a friend she wanted more with, but it didn't work out hence the personal problems at the moment) and got pregnant and had a miscarriage just prior to Christmas.

She said that if she didn't have the MC she would have aborted anyway because she never wants kids. She is 35 and also said even if she was in a serious relationship she wouldn't want kids. Each to their own I guess, but I was very taken back by this because she knows that my DH and I are trying for a baby and it came across as if she would've just 'thrown it away' and she didn't feel bad about knowing she would just 'get rid of it'.

I thought it was a bit heartless of her to say and then she got offended with me because I said to her that at least she knows that she can get pregnant if she ever wanted to have children. WTF! I thought I was being supportive, but it just got thrown in my face to say she never wants them and I was rude my saying what I said.....

I don't think she is dealing with the situation and coping well at the moment, so I had also suggested she speak with a psychologist, which she also took offence too!

A night of being taken back, that's for sure. Not sure how long this friendship will last. I've let go of a friend in the past because they got this way and just became a really negative person ALL the time and it was dragging me down, so when I said I had had enough, I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders.

I dunno how to approach her about it, or maybe I just leave it and continue supporting her and see how she comes out in the end.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Someone asked me if I'd consider using DPs eggs because it hadn't happened yet

And if I'd been tested.

Erm... 1) I'm paying thousands of dollars, of course I've been tested...for everything!!! and 2) 3 unsuccessful IUIs does not make me infertile! And who's to say DPs eggs would be any better than mine!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Oh rainbow someone would have a black eye If I were you! Hugs xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

And if I'd been tested.

Erm... 1) I'm paying thousands of dollars, of course I've been tested...for everything!!! and 2) 3 unsuccessful IUIs does not make me infertile! And who's to say DPs eggs would be any better than mine!?
    That's just stupid. So based on that, should any woman that hasn't fallen pregnant after 3 months, go and find an egg donor? How ridiculous, these things take time unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
    I had a few too many myself last night Channy and am feeling sorry myself still and it's nearly 6pm! HAHA I am a hopeless hungover person!

I was with a couple of girlfriends last night and one of them is going through some personal issues and she told me that she had a one night stand (with a friend she wanted more with, but it didn't work out hence the personal problems at the moment) and got pregnant and had a miscarriage just prior to Christmas.

She said that if she didn't have the MC she would have aborted anyway because she never wants kids. She is 35 and also said even if she was in a serious relationship she wouldn't want kids. Each to their own I guess, but I was very taken back by this because she knows that my DH and I are trying for a baby and it came across as if she would've just 'thrown it away' and she didn't feel bad about knowing she would just 'get rid of it'.

I thought it was a bit heartless of her to say and then she got offended with me because I said to her that at least she knows that she can get pregnant if she ever wanted to have children. WTF! I thought I was being supportive, but it just got thrown in my face to say she never wants them and I was rude my saying what I said.....

I don't think she is dealing with the situation and coping well at the moment, so I had also suggested she speak with a psychologist, which she also took offence too!

A night of being taken back, that's for sure. Not sure how long this friendship will last. I've let go of a friend in the past because they got this way and just became a really negative person ALL the time and it was dragging me down, so when I said I had had enough, I felt a huge weight lifted from my shoulders.

I dunno how to approach her about it, or maybe I just leave it and continue supporting her and see how she comes out in the end.
    Oh that is annoying, ppl take offense so easily especially someone that was not taking ur situation into consideration when she was talking about pregnancy. Doesn't sound like a nice friend

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:

Kelsie  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

And if I'd been tested.

How ridiculous 😡

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my two jobs is a large company and so there are quite a few ppl. Lately there have been so many girls getting "accidentally" pregnant. It's frustrating. Especially as we aren't telling anyone (except a couple of very close friends) that we are TTC. It's hard listening to them talk about whether they will keep it, etc. some people just don't have a clue

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #6

Thanks for all the good wishes girls!
    Im due for AF in 6 days but tonight my boobs have started aching a bit and ive got bad period like pain. Took 2 nurofen and heat pack but still feel crap. I dont even get period pain when Af arrives.
    Any ideas???

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Arrgh how annoying rainbow!

Mumofprincess- hope its implantation cramping

Got a call this morning, my gran is not expected to live much longer. She had been frail for a long time but is now refusing food and fluids, and no longer recognises or responds to anyone. So sad and breaks my heart, she has been such an important part of my life. I apologize if I'm not around much over the next few days

12. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (03-02-2013)