Closed Thread
Page 103 of 146 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1457
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Sorry to butt in,
    Bubbles, Lipids is your Cholesterole. HDL is "Good" cholesterole (like omega 3), it helps remove the "Bad" cholesterole, or LDL from your system, to decrease the risk of heart disease. Low levels of this isnt a good thing. LDL is the bad cholesterole, and it increases your risk of heart disease if it is high, so a lower number is best.
    Tryglicerides is basically a storage of fat in your blood cells. High levels of this is really bad. Basically, high levels of this can affect your LDL and HDL and make things worse.

Once again, sorry to butt in, but ive just come off medication for high cholesterole and trigl., and am still having regular checks..... Ways to increase your health in this area, are eating healthy meals low in fat (especially saturated) and exercising regularly to keep the heart pumping, and to use up the stored fat in the triglicerides (in a basic way)

Hi Shadowangel! Thanks for that! so basically my good cholestrol is bad. and my bad cholesterol is bad. and my triglicerides are fine? thats what i understand...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Triglicerides are fine which is the really bad part. The info i was given from my GP described them as
    "The good (HDL), The bad (LDL) and The Ugly (Trig)" . Exercise, healthy balanced and varied food intake and maybe a fish oil tablet would help

The others are only just outside or on reccomended values so you have caught it early, and should easily be able to change it for the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    Triglicerides are fine which is the really bad part. The info i was given from my GP described them as
    "The good (HDL), The bad (LDL) and The Ugly (Trig)" . Exercise, healthy balanced and varied food intake and maybe a fish oil tablet would help

The others are only just outside or on reccomended values so you have caught it early, and should easily be able to change it for the better.

ahhh thats great! Thanks love! My mission for feb is to loose 10kgs and to be more positive! trying to beat my depression and kinda shove it in the fs's face about loosing weight!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #6

Good on you! Good luck. We are about to go into cycle 4 of ttc #2. I've decided I need to kick some kgs as of tomorrow too got a new look as of today so going to take on a new can do butt kicking attitude to go with it.

Fx you can stick it to that fs when you see them next

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC and not wanting to move #6

Ill be your butt kicking buddy lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC and not wanting to move #6

Sounds good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I am suffering after indulging in a few wines last night :/ my own fault tho

I think it's awful for ppl that fall preg really quick to make u feel like there's something wrong with u if it takes a while, ppl don't realise how crazy lucky they are if it happens for them straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldnt agree more Channy. We were TTC, and suffered a MC, while i was still bleeding, I got a phone call saying my NIECE was pregnant (accident)...then "Oh btw, your on loud speaker do you want to congratulate her?" From someone that KNEW i was just in the process of Miscarrying!!!

But i think as harsh as it is, we appreciate our children more. Shes a great mum and our boys are 6weeks apart to the day as i was lucky enough to have a sticky shortly after, but while pregnant she would say how she wished she could get drunk for New years, and wanted to party etc. then while he was a tiny nb would leave him with her mum for hours so she could 'go out'.

I mean its great that she could maintain her life etc, but id NEVER complain about not being able to drink for a measly 9 months as i was UTD!! Especially knowing how difficult it is for some!!

Im actually worried about if/when we fall again.... I have 2 besties who have been TTC for a while - 10 and 2 years! Plus a bro and SIL who are comming up to 2 years in may... So seeing as though my DS isnt quite 2 yet, i am really worried about how to announce it sensitively...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I think it's always hard when u know ppl who have been trying for a while but I think the best way is to just go ahead and announce it and not hide it from them because that can make them feel awkward too.

Gosh I would b happy to trade in my boozey days for a sticky baby thank u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Channy, just be open, honest but most of all respectful and I think acknowledge their feelings that they may be having.

I can not wait till I can not drink for 9+ months, and I love my wine, but will love to be pregnant a whole lot more.

I was having a wine while I was talking to my sis, she did mention that she would love a wine so I did (a little selfishly) hold the bottle up in front of the skype camera so she could see
    Bit nasty, but I was not feeling sorry for her not being able to drink.