+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re-settling half-woken crying bub during naps.

Baby's love being close to you. My DD2 is 9 months and I have probably used the pram twice. I have a manduca which I find so much better than the ergo, it isn't as bulky and is cooler. I used baby Bjorn for the first few months with no issue, but the manduca is amazingly comfortable. You may just have to feed him if you are out, you need to be flexible with baby's, it gets easier to adapt to holding while eating/shopping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

One more thing, you said he will settle with a bit of milk even if it isn't milk time, are you sure he isn't having a growth spurt and needing a bit more? Maybe feeding on demand would make him more settled in the daytime? Just a suggestion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Re-settling half-woken crying bub during naps.

I didn't really like the ergo & infant insert for katelyn. Wraps are great - excellent for "discrete" bfing if you feel more comfortable.

I usually shopped with katelyn in the carrier - pram as a trolley.

And we could Still eat out with jasper, he was a great pram sleeper but its just impossible with katelyn, when we have gone out we take turns holding her.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ive used a ring sling until 4 months (DS is 8kg, and hurting my back) and hes fine in the ergo now, plus theres a hood for discreet feeding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have used a ring sling or wrap style carrier with DS1 before but my body suffered with usage.

Have heard of Manduca but will have to find a shop to try it out.

Greenmama I find bub so awkward in the performance esp his legs...are we supposed to be able to open them wide to sit? I am scared of hurting him. The salesgirl told me that performance insert is of different material to original. Think the original's insert isn't that thick? She said i can get the original's insert to use in the performance. He is only ten weeks he doesn't need an insert to get proper support?

MammaOJ, I am too...he seems to need a bit of sucking (milk or my boobs) to re-settle down but he isn't happy with the dummy. He usually doesn't finish his milk too eg if I give him 120ml milk he would leave 20-30ml left and I just can't get him to finish it as he will protest. I also thought of grow spurt but he doesn't finish his milk. At ten weeks he is still taking 90-120ml 2.5-3 hourly. I think that's quite little?

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry, I didn't word my first post very well, I was half asleep! I thought there was only one type of inserts for ergos, the cream coloured one. I just meant that I would find a different way to carry him (ie not in the ergo) until he is big enough to sit in it without the insert because as its summer and he'll be big enough to be without it soon, it would be a waste of money. It is so, so hot too. I also have the performance.

I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to sit with their legs out until 4 months ish, we started our daughter at about 15 weeks when she seemed ready. Before then there's no way I could've spread her legs that far apart.

I think the Manduca has a built in insert that supposed to be a lot cooler? Or the boba, one of the other brands.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read Eternal Optimist's thread :

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...aby-catnapping

And just realised we are both asking the same thing and I didnt know what my LO was doing was actually catnapping as well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep I have a catnapper too. However - she will sleep for alot longer during the day naps if she is in arms. I found the ergo even with the infant insert difficult when bub was young. Now at 3 months it's awesome for her (without insert). I also have a bad back and I haven't had any troubles with it, as the shoulders are really padded and bubs is straight up the middle of my body rather than to one side. Even weight distribution. Her legs go in froggy style.

If bub is happy when he/she wakes I wouldn't worry.. If he/she is upset and clearly still tired though then that's a different story.

As I keep telling myself, I can't have a baby that sleeps all day AND all night! She is like your bub and sleeps all the way through the night from bout 7-9pm through to 7-9am, only semi waking for boob every 3 hrs, then straight back to sleep.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (22-12-2012)

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    agreed, my catnapper slept at night, and I was not willing to ruin that lol