+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re-settling half-woken crying bub during naps.

My cheeky LO settles very well every night and sleeps pretty much through the night except two feeds at around 1 and 4 am. He is 9 weeks +.

during the day he loves his naps but I have a problem re-settling him when he half wakes and cries for. I try to give him the dummy but he would still cry. Sometimes I give him a bit of formula (but its not milk time) or boob and he goes back sleeping but may still wake up crying soon. Almost every time I have to pick him up and cuddle and ssshhh to settle him. And sometimes he's not happy i put him down. He wants to sleep but in my arms. Sometimes I pop him into the swing and he's able to sleep better.

i could do all that at home but am concerned when we are out shopping or dining. If he half wakes in his pram he would cry as well and I ended up carrying him, not being able to shop or have to take turns with dh to carry him and eat. We have brought the pram out a few times ended not using. And I can't boob him anytime I need in public or carry some warm formula waiting for him to stir and cry. And I have no swing to pop him into.

what do you do to re-settle bub if he still wants to sleep? Leaving him to cry and self-settle is no no cos he eventually cry himself awake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Re-settling half-woken crying bub during naps.

If he won't resettle in the pram, then I would try a wrap.

My son is 13 weeks, and has only just started staying in pram for longer periods. Before that, I found I would have to carry him in wrap, and he would go back to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews

I always take the ergo with me wherever I go and carry baby in there for naps or if unsettled. I can also feed in the ergo discreetly with the sleeping hood up which is very handy for shopping or other activities.

ETA - I used a close carrier
    in the newborn phase but I would just get an ergo or similar carrier if your baby is already 10 weeks old.
    Last edited by DailyDiversion; 22-12-2012 at 20:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    And I can't boob him anytime I need in public

Why not?

I would feed bub or put him in a carrier and just pat his bum while i (or DH) was walking around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm...is there any other ways any mums have tried re-settling without wearing bub? I forgot to say I do have a Baby Bjorn carrier but I tried using the other day for a walk and I almost died. I suffer from neck and shoulder pains and would try not letting bub sleep on me.

Having said that there are so many carriers out there I may post another thread to find one that is not detrimental on my already bad back, shoulder and neck.

Thanks
    Reviews

I. 🐹☀

Haha! I'm so sorry. My 9 month old got hold of my phone and wrote that!

Sorry I don't actually have anything constructive to say to help.
    Last edited by CuddlesAwait; 19-12-2012 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby Bjorns are horrid on your back and neck.

I like the Close Carrier (now called Caboo), which is similar to the hugabub, for a small baby, and the Ergo for when bub gets a bit bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies! Will have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went to try out the ergobaby at baby bunting just now.. Seems to be the performance is the sturdiest among them. Tried the original and sport too. Too bad they didn't have the infant insert there.

Has anyone used the insert and how was that? Was it troublesome to use and was it too hot in summer?

Bubs 10 weeks I find it quite hard to part his poor tiny legs to sit in the carrier. Am I the only one having this difficulty?

Thanks
    Reviews

The infant insert is very, very hot. I wouldn't recommend getting it now when your son is already 10 weeks. So did you buy the ergo? At that age you can just bend his legs up froggy style.