+ Reply to Thread

Default Do 4 year old boys go through hitting/screaming phase?

My son has started hitting and screaming, out of the blue, totally unprovoked. I'll ask him why and he'll say it was because he wanted an ice-cream. But there was absolutely no mention or sign of any ice-cream before he hit. He also pinches and scratches. He's like a child possessed. I think this behaviour is caused by a disease he has just been diagnosed with, but my friends say their 4 year old boys behave this way too.
    Is it common/normal for 4 year old boys to act this way? It seems so out of his control that I have no idea what to do. Other parents - does your 4 year old son do these things? Or does it sound like something is wrong?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Do 4 year old boys go through hitting/screaming phase?

That sounds really full on that it's totally random and unusual for him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do 4 year old boys go through hitting/screaming phase?

My dd2 went through that phase around 4. She is almost 7 now and while she still has a quick temper it's certainly gotten better as she gets older.
    Her older and younger siblings have autism and i thought it was partly to do with her copying them and just fighting for attention, but maybe it's just that age...
    Just keep reminding him that while acting that way might get your attention it's not good attention. It eventually sunk in to my dd that good attention is much better than bad attention.
    I hope he outgrows it! Xx