+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Christmas is ruined :(

Poor thing. I know how you feel as I have a sister with a mental illness who ruins everything. There was the threat that she would be there this Christmas but as it is my sons first Christmas I agreed to go with conditions that if she starts she leaves and nobody is to comment about her looks or behaviour (anorexia). Thankfully she decided not to come.

Could you make rules to keep things civil? I would still go for the kids TBH.

Hope it works out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Christmas is ruined :(

Oh from what you said I'd rather disappoint my children then subject them to a women who may say some very horrible things to them

3. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    agree with the others. there are many people in our family that dont get along. we dont let it ruin christmas....i have siblings i dont like much but at christmas i love my kids seeing cousins etc. if you dont go it just shows sil she is getting to you. go and be so happy it will annoy the crap out of her to see she doesnt affect your life one little bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry apple cheesecake View Post

i am not making excuses but i couldn't be civil after knowing my children should have been still born.
    I too couldn't be a civil person if i had ever heard something like that about my children. I see everyone here thinks you should go but i see it as no one that is stating you should go seem to put their children first if they were in this position. I tell you now if i was i wouldn't go. Would you rather have a nice quite christmas at home with your children and making it as special as possible or going to a christmas lunch with your BIL and FIL and hating every second of it. Not only that there would most likely be a fight if they have spoken for 6 years and then you being told that " Your children should have been still born" That is just plain terrible and wouldn't put my children through it.

OP you can still make christmas special by having something for lunch they you may not have very often. Good Luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2lilly For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Christmas is ruined :(

I would still go
    My DPs two brothers don't talk at all and haven't for years as one is dodgy and stole very expensive things off the other, then he forgave him after pressure from the family and then the dodgy brother did it again so they no longer talk at all but still go to all family things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd still go.

There is lots of bad blood amongst DHs family and we put it all aside for special occasions for the sake of those not involved in the 'drama'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry apple cheesecake View Post
    To be honest i have never met her and don't ever want to from what i have been told both from his mother when we were talking to what my husband has said i wouldn't want to. She has bagged me out to my brother in law knowing she has never met me. She told my brother in law that my children should have been still born. There is alot more but i wont say them. Not only that she stole all my husband belongings and made a profit off them. I wouldn't want to put my children through meeting her as they pick up still if we feel uncomfortable or if my husband is annoyed.

i am not making excuses but i couldn't be civil after knowing my children should have been still born.
    I was writing my comment as you posted yours, so this didn't come into my opinion. But I still do stand by what I said, even though I can understand how you feel now. I'm not saying what happened wasn't bad, it is, but we have had a much worse thing happen in our family (not going into detail) and we still don't let that disgusting a-hole dictate what we do. We go to family things, I say hello if I have to then leave it at that. You would be surprised how civil you can be, no matter how much you dislike someone.
    Also, there is a possibility that she may even be really embarrased by what she has done and stay out of your way anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I certainly would be going too. We have two family members like this, one in my immediate family and one in the extended family.

Words are horrible yes, but they are only words. You choose how much you let them affect you.

No way I would be missing out on the christmas day I had planned and letting her have that power. I'd definitely be going and making damn sure my husband and kids enjoyed every minute of it. In fact we had a pretty similar situation 2 christmas's ago and we all still managed to have a wonderful day despite the presence of one of the a-holes and horrid weather to top it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it makes you feel any better. My Dad and my sister haven't spoken for nearly 20 years. Now, my other sister and I haven't spoken to Dad for almost a year (added to that, he has physically assaulted her) and we will still all be in the same house Christmas Day, and we even buy my Dad Christmas presents!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Oh ok your second post clears it up. Yeah I can see how you would struggle to be in the same room. If it's really not worth it I would do as app suggested and do the say before our after with bil, that way the kids don't miss out