+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Which washing detergent for eczema kids?

Good morning,

Just was wanting some recommendations for a new sensitive skin washing detergent for kids that are prone to eczema.

I used to use Purity Sensitive. About 5 months ago I decided that after about 10 years of using fragrance free detergents (10 years of Purity) that don't make my clothes smell pretty, I decided that DS2's eczema was pretty much under control and it looked like he was finally growing out of it. Well now it's back with a vengeance. I don't know if it's to do with the new detergent, warmer weather or something else but the timing suggests that perhaps it is the detergent.

So now I need to try going back to a sensitive detergent, but I'm so sick to death of Purity. Nothing against it, I just need a change!

I'm also thinking of just washing DS2's clothes/towels/sheets in the sensitive one and mine and the other kids clothes in the perfumed one. Does anyone else do this or is it too difficult? I just really like the smell of my new detergent!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We use Hurricane - not sure why, but that's the only one that doesn't set off DS's eczema. MIL has one that she swears by, I'll try & find out what it is.

Thanks
    Reviews

Planet ark, or "earth"

Personally I find the liquids to be more gentle, I also avoid fabric softener you can use vinegar if you like.

Both DD and I get eczema, I would suggest changing to 100% cotton or bamboo sheets to as anything with polyester really aggravates our skin, sheets seem to be the main issues and effects our sleep.

Also if you have a dryer try and use that or hang clothes up inside, I find out side pollens etc get stuck on clothes and can get uncomfortable.

Good luck, eczema is a horrible things but can be so much easier to live with once you find all the triggers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Which washing detergent for eczema kids?

We use aware ds has severe eczema and i always put his stuff through an extra hot rinse

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand completely, I miss my fragarent washing also. I use the Omo sensitive as DH & both DD's have sensitive skin. It seems to work quite well and helped settle down their flare ups.

Thanks
    Reviews

I use omo sensitive... My mum also bought a new detergent recently and that has been fine, but I don't know what it is. I agree with using liquid over powder too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

DD2 has eczema and I too use Omo Sensitive washing detergent - the ones you get in the pods.

Thanks
    Reviews

You need to use a natural detergent with sulphates or chemicals. There is a great one endorsed by planet ark called Aware. You can get it from woolworths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

I use the eco store or earth choice laundry liquid- they seem fine, DS's skin doesn't seem to react to them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I use omo sensitive. It's basically the only one I can use. My mum use to use drive but I'm pretty sure they don't sell that anymore. I have very bad skin.