+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Listeria Outbreak in Five States

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How many doctors advise pregnant women against driving?
    My obstetrician in fact says in his first mail out that driving is a "risk during pregnancy which is generally impossible to eliminate. To reduce the risk to your pregnancy of potential impact, we suggest fastening your seatbelt before getting into your car with only the upper portion of the seatbelt around you and the lower portion behind you. Be aware that by doing this may reduce the overall restraint of the seatbelt in situations of impact, however it will also reduce the risk of harm to your pregnancy in situations of low impact".

Happy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Interesting, I didn't know this!

^^^

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Listeria Outbreak in Five States

No rockmelon??? I love rockmelon lol

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    No rockmelon??? I love rockmelon lol

Well rockmelon caused the biggest listeria outbreak in the US last year. I was just pointing out that many foods can give you listeria.

Thanks
    Reviews

Man that's crazy I've never heard that before!!

Thanks
    Reviews

GIRLS. What's with the 'tude about all this? It's NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU what some random woman on some random forum choses to put in her mouth. Or any woman, ever. Stop being so petty and judgemental. How did a simple post warning us about a Listeria out brake turn out like this? Couldn't you all just thank op for sharing some valuable info with us and move on?

We aren't in school anymore. Following all the rules doesnt give you a pretty sticker to put on your good parenting chart for when bub arrives cos we are all trying to minimize risk, just in different ways. You might choose to not eat everything that has given someone Listeria, ever, I might choose to avoid all food with preservatives as they're linked to miscarriage. Doesnt make us better or worse than the mother who eats a wide range of fresh and healthy foods.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub
    Last edited by Missbean; 19-12-2012 at 19:53.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Missbean For This Useful Post:

babycake  (19-12-2012),αληθη  (19-12-2012),mousky  (19-12-2012),Msbecb  (19-12-2012),ToonZie  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah i avoided rockmelon, I was pregnant at the time of that outbreak. I also didn't eat cut watermelon, as I can't eat a whole one I avoided that too. . With rockmelon you should buy a whole one and wash the outside well before cutting. As the melons grow on dirt/animal manure/fertilisers and the skin is porous you aren't fully eliminating the risk though. It is sad that fresh uncooked/cold foods are all potential listeria threats.

my dh was having a laugh at our pregnant friend for buying one of those seatbelts for pregnant women, until I pointed out to him her risk of being in an accident was probably higher than her chance of getting listeria (he knows I did everything to avoid the possibility of this).

We just do what we can to protect our babies and what we think is important to eliminate risks. This continues with SIDS and in general as our children grow up. No one will ever be perfect or make all of the right decisions.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheekyChicken For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (21-12-2012),ToonZie  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I think the seat belts for pregnant women are a very good idea - I think you can hire them

Thanks
    Reviews

With the seatbelt thing. Is wearing the lower half behind you and just having the top half on legal??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Ah these kinds of comments always make me lol, all this tisking about what other women should and shouldn't do...it's so paternalistic to assume a grown woman can't make an informed choice.
    A pregnant woman can eat what she wants. But if she eats things against doctors advice and brags about it on a forum then ... Shes opening herself to be judged. And yeah I'm going to tsk. Don't want to be judged? Don't brag about doing stupid stuff *against doctors orders* that puts your baby at risk.

I'm not saying anyone here has bragged, it's something I thought was related to the topic so... I said it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (20-12-2012)