+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default OHSS sufferers - eat watermelon!

I suffered from ohss in 2009 and boy it was painful. I struggled to drink the litres upon litres of water my clinic suggested. I tried my hardest and then thought why not buy a massive watermelon and add that to the mix. So in conjunction with the fluids I ate watermelon as a snack. I was on the verge of hospitalization too, but my FS said I just had it under control.

So today I see this on FB and figure ever person suffering ohss should know how great watermelon is...
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Default OHSS sufferers - eat watermelon!

Thanks for this Nicole, I was supposed to have my 5dt today but it got cancelled because my estrogen was still over 8000 (15000 prior to pickup), so I've got some ohss going on and am sooo sick of the water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks beatrix but very promising that you have a 5 day emby/s ready to come home when your body is feeling better

Also - try adding some water iceblocks to the mix. Not everyone would agree with my strategy, but I figure if you are getting the water intake and your 'snacks' are also water based, well that is even better!

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread but I've got severe discomfort fromOHSS and really can't afford any more time off work. This is day 4 of symptoms. I'm off to buy watermelon this morning.

Ive found I can only sleep sitting up as the pressure in my chest builds and makes me so sick

Thanks for the tip hopefully it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    I know this is an old thread but I've got severe discomfort fromOHSS and really can't afford any more time off work. This is day 4 of symptoms. I'm off to buy watermelon this morning.

Ive found I can only sleep sitting up as the pressure in my chest builds and makes me so sick

Thanks for the tip hopefully it helps.
    Sorry to hear you have ohss. It isn't fun

I hope the water melon works for you. Also consider water ice blocks and eating lots of protein such as sustagen milk drink, egg, chicken..,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

CandE  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nicole. Yes I've been on protein shakes, water, hydralite ice blocks and Powerade. I feel like I'm going to explode. Considering a trip to the hospital, but not sure if there is anything they can do at this stage.