+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Looking for pregnancy buddies :)

Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Well, she said that the only reason to have a dating scan is if you have no or irregular periods.... but I'm feeling really unhappy with her response really, because everyone on here seems to be having dating scans. She didn't even do a blood test. Maybe she was having a bad day, but still... It's so hard to find a doctor who is taking new people, but now I don't really feeling comfortable staying with her.
    Ah okay! I had to have 2 blood tests and on the same day that I initially went in my doctor gave me the slip for a dating scan and told me to get it done when I think I'm 10 weeks so I'm waiting until the new year to be sure. They couldn't even tell me approximately how far along I was in the blood test and the doctor said the scan is more accurate anyway! It's so hard to find a new doctor, mine is on holidays now so I have to see some random one until she comes back! If you're feeling unsure maybe you could ask her for one? It's strange that she didn't even do a blood test, I thought they had to do them to confirm? My husband wouldn't believe I was pregnant until I got one haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Both pregnancies they didn't do a blood test to confirm, they just did one to check for disease and my iron levels etc.
    In fact, with my daughter they did nothing to confirm lol
    This pregnancy the Dr at least did a urine test.
    Maybe it depends on your doc.
    I'm 8 weeks and am having my blood test this week

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Both pregnancies they didn't do a blood test to confirm, they just did one to check for disease and my iron levels etc.
    In fact, with my daughter they did nothing to confirm lol
    This pregnancy the Dr at least did a urine test.
    Maybe it depends on your doc.
    I'm 8 weeks and am having my blood test this week
    Oh really! I honestly thought they did a blood test to "make sure" I guess haha! My doctor did say that the urine tests are fairly accurate and because I had done like 10 of them she was pretty certain I was but gave me a blood test anyway, probably to humour my husband as he wouldn't believe it until a doctor said it haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha yeah, the urine tests are pretty accurate
    Maybe in some practices they do it to be 100% sure. Who knows with doctors lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Haha yeah, the urine tests are pretty accurate
    Maybe in some practices they do it to be 100% sure. Who knows with doctors lol
    Haha that's true, they just do whatever they want!! I'm heading to the doctors today for a checkup as my morning sickness still hasn't let up at all and I just want to put my mind at ease or hopefully she can suggest something that will help!! Either that or she will throw me out and say I'm overreacting haha!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Looking for pregnancy buddies :)

Good luck vegan hope you feel better soon

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, think it def depends on the doctor! Mine said the urine tests are really accurate and I have sore boobs and no period, so not any real need for a blood test. It did really annoy me though that she totally dismissed my concern that she was dating me at 6 weeks even though I know I only ovulated just over 3 weeks ago. Makes a huge difference IMO, especially with things like screening tests/scans and if they think I should be induced or not!!! Apparently, she said, they consider full-term to be 9 months 7 days and only let you go 10 days over before they intervene.
    Anyway, have booked in to a different doctor tomorrow night and have spoken to a colleague at work who has recommended some obs, so feeling better about it all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Petulia View Post
    Yeah, think it def depends on the doctor! Mine said the urine tests are really accurate and I have sore boobs and no period, so not any real need for a blood test. It did really annoy me though that she totally dismissed my concern that she was dating me at 6 weeks even though I know I only ovulated just over 3 weeks ago. Makes a huge difference IMO, especially with things like screening tests/scans and if they think I should be induced or not!!! Apparently, she said, they consider full-term to be 9 months 7 days and only let you go 10 days over before they intervene.
    Anyway, have booked in to a different doctor tomorrow night and have spoken to a colleague at work who has recommended some obs, so feeling better about it all.
    Oh that's usually because they count 40 weeks from the first day of your last period. so even though you only ovulated and then conceived 3 weeks ago, she will say you are 6 weeks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

As for inducing, they will do it going on how you are coping physically with the pregnancy.
    With my first I went 41 weeks +5 days. I was booked in for induction, but gave birth the day before.
    They weren't all that concerned.

And if there's still any disputes about how far along you are it will be corrected during your pregnancy during scans and when you are measured at midwife appointments.
    But I'd say she's counting from you last period

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Petulia  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's usually because they count 40 weeks from the first day of your last period. so even though you only ovulated and then conceived 3 weeks ago, she will say you are 6 weeks.
    Yeah, I get that part, but was concerned when she said they induce after 10 days as her estimate is 3 weeks earlier than my estimate, but lolakitty cleared that up, thanks