+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'm keen to hear about how you go with this. I've never had much luck - very disappointing for this ice cream addict, I'm desperate for another alternative to bowls and bowls of delicious ice cream!
    Best ice cream ever (no churn): Whisk 4 egg whites til stiff. Beat in 100 g sugar (meringue, basically). Whisk 300ml cream til soft peaks, beat in 4 egg yolks. Add whatever flavouring (vanilla essence, berries, coffee etc). Combine together, freeze overnight, et voila - this is in my freezer right now and is blardy delish.

Food processor, I love it. Salsa, pesto, your own peanut butter. Curry pastes. Veg for soups. Anything chopped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Favourite things with the food processor.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Best ice cream ever (no churn): Whisk 4 egg whites til stiff. Beat in 100 g sugar (meringue, basically). Whisk 300ml cream til soft peaks, beat in 4 egg yolks. Add whatever flavouring (vanilla essence, berries, coffee etc). Combine together, freeze overnight, et voila - this is in my freezer right now and is blardy delish.

Food processor, I love it. Salsa, pesto, your own peanut butter. Curry pastes. Veg for soups. Anything chopped!
    That's pretty much the recipe for the parfait i'm making for Xmas only I'll add chocolate. Maybe I should freeze it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Favourite things with the food processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat21 View Post
    I wiz my bananas with yogurt and honey then freeze. Delicious!! It also makes good "pops" too if you have any of those icy pole makers.
    I do this but with a packet of frozen berries instead of bananas. Yummo!
    It was one of Jamie Oliver's recipes. In the berry one he added a few mint leaves too (I didn't though).

I don't know where my recipe is at the moment but I make a nice semi sundried tomato dip. Sooo easy.

I'd love to hear more too, I don't use mine enough and dp likes to tell me that on occasions lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misspumpkin For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (06-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Glad I found this. I am about to borrow my mum and dads for a bit. I need to prove to DH I'll use it a lot or I'll never convince him I *need* one.

She uses hers to make a yummy zucchini slice. I'm going to get the recipe when I borrow the FP. I'll post it when I do.

Thanks
    Reviews

I like to blitz up veggies, out them in mince and hide them in spag Bol or lasagna. Hubby & DD are none the wiser.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by misspumpkin View Post
    I do this but with a packet of frozen berries instead of bananas. Yummo!
    It was one of Jamie Oliver's recipes. In the berry one he added a few mint leaves too (I didn't though).

I don't know where my recipe is at the moment but I make a nice semi sundried tomato dip. Sooo easy.

I'd love to hear more too, I don't use mine enough and dp likes to tell me that on occasions lol
    Subbing! Would love a recipe for the sundried tomato dip..am always trying to use them up?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I've been having a banana and blueberry smoothie for breastfast every morning- 1/2 a banana, 3 tbsp blueberries, 5 tbsp Greek yogurt, a teaspoon of honey and a dash of milk to get it to the right consistency. Mmmm! That makes enough for me and DS.

Also a really yummy curry paste which is basically a couple of bunches of coridander (including about half the stems) a dash of veg oil, some lemon juice, a couple of garlic cloves, some chillies and a couple of teaspoons of tomato paste. Then you fry that up with some chicken then add some yogurt (about 1/2- 1 cup) and simmer till the sauce just starts to seperate.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

This is my absolute favourite recipe at the moment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...er-dinner.html

You can do it all with a food processor and a big pot. Easy, delicious and both my boys love it...even Mr Fussy DS1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Basil pesto: two big fistfuls of basil, crushed clove garlic, grated Parmesan, chopped cashews, and enough olive oil to loosen it up at the end. Season to taste with salt/pepper. So easy and versatile, stir thru pasta, drizzle over BBQ meat or mushrooms, great with scrambled egg or roasted tomatoes!