+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help with reflux! - can anyone recommend a good formula for reflux?

Can anyone recommend a good formula for reflux? or anything that helped?
    thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My niece had bad reflux she went on the Novalac reflux formula it seemed to help you can only get it from the chemist I believe and I think it's a little more expensive. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry I've not used one but will bump for you. My boy had reflux but we managed it with losec and used nan ha gold. But I've heard that formula has fallen out of favour lately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Help with reflux! - can anyone recommend a good formula for reflux?

Hi there DS had reflux and we put him on Novalac and honestly it was a life saver for us. You can only buy it at the chemist and it was a bit more expensive but we were able to afford it so kept him on it. We didnt have to change the teats either because it wasnt gluggy. We first had him on S26 Anti Reflux on advice from the paed and we bought all new teats but it just seemed way to heavy even for a reflux formula. We butchered our teats because DS was sucking so hard on them and the formula just couldnt get through as nicely. The S26 AR was only approx $5 or $6 cheaper than Novalac so we thought we would rather pay that if DS liked it which he did.

We lasted on the S26 for two days then headed down the Chemist and the pharmacist highly reccomended Novalac and said it was very popular with reflux bubbas. But formula can be very hit and miss so might take one or two goes to find the right one. But you should give the formula at least 2 weeks to settle in bubs before trying another. We didnt wait that long with the S26 one because DS couldnt get it through the teats which had a kazzillion holes! I hope that helps and good luck I know its not nice to see them struggle with reflux

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 18-12-2012 at 12:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Help with reflux! - can anyone recommend a good formula for reflux?

Oh and I should also add DS was on losec What also helped was keeping him more upright for about 30 minutes after a bottle either having him in our arms which were propped up by cushions or in his swing/bouncer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 18-12-2012 at 10:52.

Thanks
    Reviews

My son had reflux well I though he did but in fact he had a intolerance to milk/dairy mayb try a dairy free based formula one that's excellent is goats or rice dnt use soy base as it still contains lactose I tried everything that the above ladies listed just didn't work it went on till he was 1 when all he had was rice milk now his having lactose free milk and yoghurt mayb see a natrupath about it that's how I found out and he was right just thought I'd mention it as so many mums put it down to reflux etc without even thinking of intolerances all the best for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was reflux baby. Zantac did nothing, Thickened formula did nothing but make her constipated. AR formula did nothing. Losec helped slightly. Chriopractor helped a lot and suggested goats milk formula as its very similar to human milk and easier to digest. This helped also. Then saw paed who diagnosed dairy intolerence

We out her on soy based formula (Karicare) and never looked back. Different baby almost overnight. Not suggesting it could be this extream but wanted to say that there are other options besides meds.

Also started solids at 4 months and that made a difference too.

Good luck, its so hard watching them be so uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Karicare make a thickener which you can add to any Formula I think just to make it that bit harder to chuck it back up. DD used Losec for her reflux and it was great.

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried nan AR and novolac reflux aswell as another one I can't remember. But it wouldn't thicken quick enough and constipated a bit.
    We are on karicare AR and found more poohs and it thickend quicker so more likely to work.
    Are you keeping bubs upright at all times? Sleep on a 40degree angle? Etc