+ Reply to Thread
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default Final Wrap Up!

Overall – what did you think of the Zumba Fitness Exhilarate DVD Collection?
    I LOVE IT! It's the little details about it that had me impressed. The addition of a 20 minute workout in Rush for those days when you couldn't do a full one- genius. The maraca- inspired toning sticks (which my boys LOVE ) All the different instructors to ensure you will find someone who you like. The music- oh my goodness the music!

It's just all together a wonderful combination that MAKES you want to get up and DANCE. And it works! I didn't blog it because I wanted this big reveal moment at the end, however the pregnancy got in the way of that... but I lost just under 10kg at one stage. I was down to 86.2kg. (I say was because the nausea has put me off eating, which has meant that I've gained weight again. NOT fair!) but Zumba WORKS!

Is it something you will continue using now?

I can definitely see myself using it in the future. Again, the pregnancy has made it hard- all I seem to want to do is sleep or be sick, so I am hoping once I jump that hurdle I'll be able to manage getting back into the Zumba swing of things again.

What changes have you noticed:
    • In you body?

Anyone who has been following along with my blog will know that I was really upset because I had high hopes of losing the weight off my tummy area- it's my real problem area. Of course, bloating has ensured that didn't happen.
    I have noticed weight loss around my face- it's subtle, but I have cheek bones again My thighs only touch at the top- and that is quite a good achievement too!
    I know I have lost tummy weight, as my pants are bigger... it's just only noticeable in the morning before the bloating kicks in.

In your mind – your mood, outlook
    I know straight after a Zumba session I feel calmer, happier and like I have achieved something. I was noticing I was a lot less stressed when I was doing it 5 days a week- I was literally taking out my frustrations during a session. It would get to a stage where I felt like I had had enough, but I would use my frustrations to keep me going. Weird motivation, but it worked, and I was feeling all the better for it!

On your energy levels?

Again, this has been ruined by the pregnancy- but before the symptoms kicked in, I had more energy for sure. I felt like I had a spring in my step, and I know I blogged about going on camp and walking up and down steep dirt hills all day long without hardly breaking a sweat. I could NOT have done that before Zumba.
    If my boys were asking me to go outside and play, I would supervise while sitting on a chair. Now, I tend to get involved (ok, at the moment more passively, but a few weeks ago I was joining in on their games because I had more energy!)

In your family? (Eg. Have the DVDs inspired any other family members to join in)

DP did talk about it, but it never eventuated because he works long shift hours and just is hardly ever home. My kids joined in- my little Backup dancers. And whlist I was happy for them to do so, I do feel like Zumba time was MY time, and I really did prefer to do it alone. (No one there to laugh at my wobbly bits then!)
    I talked to my Mum a lot about it too, and I think she was inspired because I caught her looking at the program and she did ask to borrow the DVD's (I told her to buy her own!! )

• In your approach to physical activity – have the DVDs inspired you to try another form of exercise – like walking or a gym class?
    I have a friend who is a fitness instructor, and I was about this >< close to signing up to her bootcamp fitness class before I got the BFP. I used to just roll my eyes when she would ask me to join, but I really was motivated and about to do it.
    I am more inclined to park the car 5-10 blocks away from where I need it and to walk though- and that in itself is a big accomplishment for me!

• How much weight have you lost?
    So at about week 5 as I said above I was down to 86.2kg.

By the time I saw the dr at week 7 to discuss the pregnancy, I had started going back up again- 87.4 (bloating, body going into starvation mode due to not being able to eat much) etc. This morning I am weighing in at 88kg exactly. I am so determined not to go back over 90kg (although I guess I will have a lot of baby and fluids etc to account for...)

So in total today I have lost 6.4kg, but at one stage it was 8.2kg and looking good. I think had I not have fallen pregnant (and off the bandwagon to an extent) I would have certainly cracked that 10kg barrier.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Again- sorry about the bolding- I don't know why it does that or why I can't turn it off. Anyway

So my blog for this week is uber late. I really wanted to do it on the weekend- I just couldn't get off the couch.

I am proud of myself this week. The MS is really cracking, my C-scar is burning, my breasts are tender and heavy. BUT I STILL managed to Zumba 4 times!
    Ok, it was Rush each time, and I did spend a lot of time doing the (OMG I can't spell it! I'll just say 'basic' in the hopes you know what I mean) march instead of some of the more 'energetic' moves.

I still walked away feeling good, and like I was doing something to combat this current weight gain I am on. I know I am not eating enough to actually lose weight. It's just that food is not appealing to me at the moment. Nothing is appealing. Even sleep has lost it's gloss, because I can't do it.

But, to be able to pull out that Rush DVD, and KNOW that it only goes for 20 minutes, and that I will feel better after doing it, it was well worth it. I am so so thankful that the Rush DVD was included in the Exhilarate set- it really has been my go-to DVD when time was short or I wasn't feeling well at all.

This Zumba experience has been in a word- inspiring. I know I have the internal and external tools to shed that weight from my body, and I am so thankful to Zumba for the chance to learn this for myself. I didn't even need the $5k motivation in the end (I gave up hopes of that when I got the BFP)- I just wanted to do it for myself!

Thank you Zumba. I may have only lost 6kg in the end, but I feel as though I have gained so much more, mentally and physically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    8.2kgs by week 5 is fantastic. In my books you are the winner because in a few months you will be hold your beautiful bub. Congrats again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Nomsie, you have done so incredibly well! I fully believe that you have the strength and the willpower to achieve your goals. If you can keep Zumba-ing as much as you can throughout your pregnancy and don't use pregnancy as an excuse to "eat for two" lol you might still go over 90kgs but you'll be fitter and healthier by the time you're holding your bub than if you'd gotten pregnant 8 weeks ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Final Wrap Up!

You have done so well! Woot woot bombsite.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Final Wrap Up!

You have done fantastically!! Well done!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Final Wrap Up!

Well done Nomsie! Hopefully once u get past the first trimester all the yucky will go away and you can Zumba all the way through like I did with my little man!