+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How long did it take you to lose weight?

Gained 19 kg with dd1 and lost 11kg in the first six weeks and another 4kg in the next year but fell pregnant when dd1 was 13mths old.

Gained 16kg with dd2 and again lost 11 in the first six weeks and another 6kg 6mths later.

I refuse to compromise my milk supply so will only weight control after dd2 is 12mths old.

For the lucky people that lost all their weight or didn't put any on- did it effect your milk supply or quality of milk?

I'm worried that if I lose the weight too quickly that my milk will go. So I eat a diet high in omega 3 fats and generally need about 2000-2200 cal a day to maintain milk supply.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

tubster  (19-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: How long did it take you to lose weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Gained 19 kg with dd1 and lost 11kg in the first six weeks and another 4kg in the next year but fell pregnant when dd1 was 13mths old.

Gained 16kg with dd2 and again lost 11 in the first six weeks and another 6kg 6mths later.

I refuse to compromise my milk supply so will only weight control after dd2 is 12mths old.

For the lucky people that lost all their weight or didn't put any on- did it effect your milk supply or quality of milk?

I'm worried that if I lose the weight too quickly that my milk will go. So I eat a diet high in omega 3 fats and generally need about 2000-2200 cal a day to maintain milk supply.
    My milk supply was great. I only put on weight where I was carrying, and I suppose only as much as my body needed me to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DD is 10 months (next week) and i have always had good supply .
    in the early days i was eating quiet a bit of oats and linseed ect and always make sure i drink water all day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

No. I fed DS for 2 yrs and never had a problem with supply. I actually lost more weight than I had put on during pregnancy because when he was 13months old I competed in a national dancing comp. The training for that plus breastfeeding and being naturally small meant I had pretty much no excess body fat on me.

I believe genetics plays a part too as my mum lost all the pregnancy weight quickly and I lost it within a few weeks of giving birth. I should add that I was a month off 20 when I had DS so also had that on my side.

Also to OP, I lost mine mostly through breastfeeding and dancing. My stomach never went back to how it was. My abdominal muscles separated and whilst I got back to a flat stomach they never went back together.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I put on 16kg with DD then I lost 14kg after 4 months of exclusive breastfeeding, but since stopping bf and starting to comfort/boredom eat, I've put on 6kgs

All of my friends who had babies around the same time and who are still bf are soooooo thin!

Since having more than one comment / question about when my next is due I've turned to lite n easy 1200 calorie a day eating plan and returning to the gym. I just started yesterday. Last time I did lite n easy I did the 1500 meal plan and lost 3kg in 2 weeks.