+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How long did it take you to lose weight?

DS is 11 months.

I was 58kg when I got pregnant. 84kg when he was born. I lost 9kg straight away and left hospital at 75kg. I got to 68kg pretty easily. Then to 65kg with a bit of work. I stayed at 65kg for aaaages and couldn't seem to budge it. I changed my outlook on portion sizes and cheating with food and got to 61kg and now I'm 59kg but still fluctuate about 2kgs up and down. Ideally I'd like to be 55kg as I was a bit heavier when I got pregnant. I'm really short so small amounts of weight show up on me. They say about a year to get back. It's really hard work and some numbers are tough to shift. I was borderline GD and dietitians at the hospital told me it's super important to lose weight between babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gained 27 kgs for first pregnacy still had 5 kgs after 2 years. Fell pregnant for second time gained 22 kgs and almost 3 years on still got 10 kgs....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I lost a good deal of the weight fairly quickly without much effort, but those last 5-7kg I had to work VERY hard for. After both babies, I didnt' feel mentally ready to get into it until they were about 6 months old. At that point after both pregnancies I got very into my fitness and got back to my ideal weight.

This time around I am promising myself I won't wait that 6 months like I have with the other two. I plan on getting started ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put on 25kgs with ds1 and was very lucky to lose it and a little extra very quickly without much effort. With ds2 I put on 30kgs. It took about 1-2 months to lose.

As for my tummy. After ds1 you wouldn't have know I had a child but after ds2 I have a couple of stretch marks and a bit of a joey pouch. Fingers crossed pilates (sp?) help with that.

At the end of the day we're all different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well, I think I was back to pre-baby size after about 10 weeks (breastfeeding worked wonders)...

but...

22 months on I have crept back up to a bit bigger than my pre-baby size. I have not weighed myself (I don't use scales, I go by how my clothes fit), but I guess I'm about 4kg heavier than what I'd like to be. It's not that much really, but I will need to knuckle down and work hard if I am going to lose the extra weight.

Having an inactive office job doesn't help my cause!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I gained 13 kg with DS and had lost it four or five months later. 13 months down the track I'm 17 kg lighter than the day he was born.

I've done nothing special - I do walk alot but just to the shops. I'm still breastfeeding, I think for me that's what has made the difference. I've stopped losing weight which is good, I honestly don't want to lose too much more.

I'm guessing it might not be so easy next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only gained 6kgs with DS so didnt do anything to lose it. I looked like my pre body weight about 3 days after then went on to loose another 10kgs from my pre baby weight (ended up beng 45kgs). Now back to a healthy 50kgs 2.5years later.

My tummy now is better than pre baby. I dont do much. Constantly picking up a toddler, walking in mornings, boxing 1 day per week for and hour.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I gained 30kg when I was pregnant with DS. A month after he was born I finally weighed myself and was 20kg heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight (which was in the obese range already).
    It took me nearly a year of dieting and exercise to get into the healthy weight range, and another 6 months or so to get to a weight that I was happy with which was 67kg.
    I'm now 5 months pregnant with #2 and weigh just under 80kg so about 8kg gained so far. Definitely being more careful about my gains than last time. With DS I used to eat whatever I liked whenever I liked with no care for the work it'd take to come off because I'd never been a healthy weight before.

Now I have been a healthy weight, I don't want to work that hard to loose it all again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gained 8kgs with both pregnancies and left hospital wearing my jeans both times I got my actual pre pregnancy shape back within weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How long did it take you to lose weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I gained 8kgs with both pregnancies and left hospital wearing my jeans both times I got my actual pre pregnancy shape back within weeks.
    I was very lucky to be like that. Only gained 7kg