+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby bath time?

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going to try and keep it a night time thing. After all the screaming the house down last night she slept for four hours before I got her up at midnight for a feed. Then she slept for another four hours before she stirred again. If a bath time routine can help her differentiate night/day that would be good too. She doesn't sleep like that in the day!
    Thanks for all your tips. Very helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS didn't have a bath until he was much older, we used to take him in the shower with us. Being held chest to chest seemed to be very comforting to him and he'd get sleepy. We only showered him every 2-3 days though (unless he had a pooplosion/spew) because both DP and I suffer from excema. Now that he's 17 months he has a bath after dinner because he gets so messy and as part of the routine but I find that a bath tends to wake him up more, whereas being held close to one of us in the shower makes him sleepy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby bath time?

My bub has only just started to like the bath by herself at 3 months. At your LOs age I bathed in the big bath with her or we showered together as she needed the comfort of being close. I still haven't figured out a bath routine though as she is a projectile vomiter so it varies each day dependent on when she needs it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we got into a feed, 6pm bath, massage, (comfort feed), bed routine and that is still happening now dd is 22mths old!
    My advice is to keep the bath quick as baths will over stimulate them very easily. Keep bubs wrapped in a towel and wash hair first, dry then unwrap towel and do rest of body. I used cotton wool and cue tips to clean ears and belly button. I never added any soaps to the water. Sometimes a flannel over her tummy would calm her down also. At such a young age i wouldnt let the bath go any longer than 10mins.
    Get bub's warm and dry by wrapping in towel asap, keep room temp warm even if you feel hot, bub's is not!. Maybe try a very quick baby massage with a bit of olive oil before you get bub dressed, but if bub's is screaming forget about it.
    I always gave dd a comfort breastfeed straight after a bath, she'd fall asleep pretty quick and be no trouble to be swaddled and put to bed by 7.30pm.
    I loved bath nights because we found dd slept better and settled quicker. However, It became too much of a hasssle to do it everynight, it dries out their skin and really young babies dont get dirty anyways. We ended up bathing dd once a week when she was tiny.
    It wasnt untill she was about 3mths old that she'd let us massage her and she'd actually enjoy it. We used to do it on our bed with electric blanket on
    I think the most important thing is to keep the bath short.
    Water temp is common sense - luke warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby bath time?

We've bathed both girls daily since birth. In find it helps distinguish between day sleeps and night sleep.

Bath has always been 6.30-7pm here. Now it's 6.15 for dd2 (6mths) as she prefers a 6.30pm bedtime. Dd1 stays in the bath till 6.45/50 playing.

In the early days it was more of a dunk and dry. And we have a warm bath. Cold/tepid baths stir my girls up. Also use lavender oil in the bath.