+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default So how did you know labour was near?

I am 39+2 with my third, and still have no idea

I have been having tightenings and cramps on and off for 24 hours, lots of bowel movement, but still no idea if I will go into labour tomorrow or next week!

With my first two, I don't remember any real signs, either, apart from waters breaking both times, which resulted in them being born within 24 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't have any warning signs with either of mine, just started having contractions and a few hours later a baby was born.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No warnings here either

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I didn't! I went into hospital at 38+2 because I was bleeding, they put me on the monitor and said 'can't you feel those contractions?'. Looking back there were a few signs - I didn't sleep the night before, and at 38 weeks exactly I suddenly became convinced that DS NEEDED a hat and he NEEDED IT NOW! Poor DH had to run all over town with me to find a hat. That was nesting.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: So how did you know labour was near?

Went for my doctors appt and he checked me out and said "whatever happens you're going to be a mother today". That was my warning lol. Sent to the hospital to be induced that afternoon.

Life; it's what happens when you're making other plans

Thanks
    Reviews

On my due date I was telling anyone that would listen that my daughter would definitely be 2 weeks late! Went into labour at 11pm that night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: So how did you know labour was near?

I didn't have any warning signs. With both kids my waters broke at 38+2. Ds1 was born 1.5hrs later and DS2 was born 3.5hrs later.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i wish i knew! im 38+4 and waiting

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine (first baby) was born at 39 +2. I had a bit if bleeding 2 days prior, not a full bloody show though. The day before my contractions started (at midnight) I was crazily cleaning the cupboard doors in the kitchen... Probably the most cleaning activity I'd done all pregnancy!! Last minute nesting probably. I also had a slight increase in braxton hicks.

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't have any warning either. I hadn't had any Braxton hicks. Well if I did they were not painful at all, it was just slight pain hardly noticeable the day before. Then that night I got into bed and my waters broke. I still didn't have any contractions for a good 2 hours after that. Then my beautiful boy arrived 4 hours later