+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When did your baby/toddler drop to one nap?

Hey she has done well, 6 hours!!!! You've done well too

We got up at 2:20 this afternoon and I finished bath, bottle & bed routine at 6:15. She use to have her bottle and be happy to be in bed, now she gets up from the bottle and tries to hide under her change table.

So I just scooped her up and put her in her sleeping bag and bed. She is rolling around winding down, slowly.

It's good to see what others have done and how they achieved it.

DH is home tomorrow, thank goodness

Good luck for the morning!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Dd1 went to one nap at 14/15 mths for 3-3.5hrs with an overnight sleep 7.30-6am. Now at 29mths old she sleeps 1.5-2.5 depending whether she wakes up at 5 or 6am. Bedtime is 7.45/8pm.

Maybe if you get her up earlier ie 6am you could still get your 2 sleeps a day.

I would be reluctant to suddenly switch to one sleep at a different time as both my girls take longer to go to sleep when overtired. Can you do every alt day one sleep till she settles into it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS dropped to one nap at 6 months. Now at 12 months, we get a 1hr day sleep maybe 5 days out of 7. The other 2 days he won't sleep at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: When did your baby/toddler drop to one nap?

Not until around 19 months. Mainly because he used to wake up so early that he was tired by 9am. Now he's 2 yrs he has a two hour lunchtime nap. lovely!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

My DD dropped down to a day nap at 7 months. She's always functioned well on little sleep and I'd spend hours trying to get her down so I gave up. She's now 17 months and still is on one sleep for about an hour. She doesn't go to bed till after 9pm but sleeps in till 8-830am. It works well for me so I'm not going to change it.
    If you feel bub needs to drop a day sleep then do it. Don't worry about what the books say.
    Right from birth DD never slept the average/normal and I thought I was a bad mother for not reading the signs of tiredness but that's just her. Some babies will sleep more and some less than the average.
    HTH OP

Thanks
    Reviews

MrsSS how did you go last night and today?

Last night was a disaster for us. she woke at 3 an we couldn't fetcher to sleep until after 5 and woke for the day at 6:00.

She slept from 9:30 to 11:50, but wasn't looking tired til after 4, so I took her for a walk and she slept from 5 till 5:30.

We just need a decent night sleep so we can try and push out we say sleep and bring forward her bedtime for a little while.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry yesterday was one of those days!!!

So your night wasn't too good how did last night go?

We have had two better than usual nights, but she has needed two sleeps a day, so we haven't trialled the one sleep either!!!

I hope you have gotten a good night sleep in last night. It's dreadful these sleepless nights.