+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD dropped to 1 nap around 1.

From about, 9 months onwards, she'd have a catnap in the morning (usually in the baby carrier because we were out and about) and then a 2 hour+ nap in the afternoon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

CuddlesAwait  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When did your baby/toddler drop to one nap?

DS 15mths is transitioning to 1 nap right now. Only because that's all he can get at daycare, now that he has started 3 days a week. Otherwise he wasn't really 'ready' yet.

He was having 2 x 1.5hr naps, now he goes down about 12pm for 2-2.5hrs. Some days he struggles and I have to keep him busy in the mornings, but he's getting there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

CuddlesAwait  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: When did your baby/toddler drop to one nap?

Quote Originally Posted by threechooks View Post
    There is such a wide category for what is normal. I dropped my 7mth old to one sleep a day as she was starting to fight being put down in the afternoon. She is now 18 mths and sleeps 2-3 hrs at lunch time. It could be the start of going to one sleep. Life is too short to spend too much time, trying to get them to sleep I wasted hours with my first child becuase the 'books' said he should be having two sleeps a day. Try one sleep and see how bub goes. If they turn feral you can always put them to bed early for the night
    By the responses you are so right. It sounds like bubs seem to figure it out by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That's awfully young to be dropping down to one nap. Could you try having a longer break between when bub wakes up from the morning nap and goes down for the afternoon nap?
    I'm not sure she is ready yet now, as she doesn't fight her second nap. I already keep her up for 4 hours between the two naps so I'll just keep rolling with it until she lengthens one of her naps. She is very close to walking so that might change things too. The catnap doesn't bother me, I just want tomato sure she is getting the right amount of sleep for her age.

I just know she doesn't go to sleep for my parents (self settle like she does at home) who will be looking after her when I go back to work when she is 12months so I hope she drops it around then!

Thanks
    Reviews

Well I think DD is ready now. She is 11 months and for the last 4 days she has been fighting her afternoon nap, but still sleeping an hr 20, but waking after 5. So we pushed back her bedtime to 7:30/8.

She's also been fighting her bed time. Last night we thought she was still hungry so gave her a bottle when she screamed after being put down, but she threw up all her dinner and bottle.

So today after much screaming, even when I sat next to her cot with her for her second nap, I decided to give up and got her up.

Thing is she was really acting really tired before hand, yawning, rubbing eyes, heavy eyelids, but now she's fine being awake! (She woke up at 11 from her first nap)

We will put her bedtime back to 7 and hope she lasts until then!

Ill then try one sleep tomorrow. If she wakes at 7 and usually will sleep again at 9:30, should I try 10 or 10:30 for her only sleep tomorrow?

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been thinking I might do the same tomorrow! Trailing one sleep and see how we go. My DD has just turned one and I've been wondering about dropping a sleep too....

I don't know what I'll do with only one sleep, how about you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    I've been thinking I might do the same tomorrow! Trailing one sleep and see how we go. My DD has just turned one and I've been wondering about dropping a sleep too....

I don't know what I'll do with only one sleep, how about you?
    What time does she usually take her two naps? What time will you try the one nap?

My DD lately has been napping at 9:30 and 3:30.

I don't know what I'll do on week days! Probably spend more time out in the afternoons to keep her occupied. I usually get a lot done during her second nap and relax mainly during her first nap, so Ill either get less done around the house or have less rest time.

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm the same!!! Me time might be ending again.

First nap I have breakfast, shower, check emails as I work from home. That is between 8:30-9:30 and sometime if I'm really lucky that is for an hour to an hour and a half. The second nap happens three to four hours after she gets up so maybe 1-2:30 then she has to be up by 4 or we will never get her to bed!!!!

Today though she had 35mins this morning and only an hour this afternoon so I'm thinking tomorrow we will merge the two and give her a sleep at 10:30-11 and see how she goes?!

Thanks
    Reviews

Is your bubba tired now? Mine is and about to have a bottle and bed!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah she was tired at 6:30 when I was finishing giving her her dinner. She's just had a bath and DH is feeding her a top up bottle as we speak.

She was acting all energetic again though! God knows how considering she's been awake for 6 hours!!

Fingers crossed she sleeps! Mind you I can hear her babbling away to DH so I'm not holding my breath!

Ill probably try 10:30 as well. Maybe I'll get 2 hours out of her!

Did your DD go down ok?

Thanks
    Reviews

Good luck CuddlesAwait. I transitioned my dd from 2 to 1 sleeps at 11 months. I found she was having maybe 45min-1hr in the morning and then a 30min nap in the afternoon and by about 10/11 months she was fighting her afternoon nap so badly it would take me an hour just to get her to sleep. She is now 17 months and sleeps for 1.5-2.5 hours in the middle of the day. I started out getting her down at 10am. Some days she still needed an afternoon nap. It took a little while for her to adjust, and then I gradually pushed out the sleep time and now give her lunch at 11:30 and she's asleep by 12:00.