+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Christmas gifts for carers at daycare

I give a box of chocolates and I always give a present to one if the carers who has been fabulous with my children. She has made their time at daycare an absolute pleasure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Christmas gifts for carers at daycare

I always give them a box of chocolates to share around - original i know!

This year was dd's last year (after almost 5 years) so we gave 4 of her teachers beauty hampers (body wash, moisturiser, candles, chocolates etc.), the office staff got hand cream and then we also gave the centre a book and she took a huge cake in for her last day :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DH is a Childcare director and our cupboard is groaning with boxes of chocolates, he brings home 1-3 boxes a day that have been given to him. I think because he is male he is harder to buy for.
    Until a year ago I was a Childcare director as well. Between us the amount of chocolates was enough to open our own store.
    OP parents that have children in care several days plus a week or have been in care for a long time tend to give a small gift to their child's main carers and sometimes the director ( depending on your relationship with the Director if they are someone you chat with often or if they are the type of director that never leaves their office and you never see them)sometimes. Parents will give a communal present for the staff room for all the staff (tin of biscuits, chocolates etc).
    Honestly though most child carers really just appreciate a card or a picture drawn by the child as its more that you recognise the job they do and they feel appreciated.
    Some of the things I have received are: chocolates (lots), cookies, flowers, potted plants, cards, drawings/child's craft, Christmas ornaments, mugs with nice sayings on them, perfume, wine, day spa vouchers (not a common one but I loved it so much and it was from someone that I had been caring for their child full time for 3 years and it was my last Xmas with them).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS has been only going 3 hrs a week since may. We got the carers a cadbury christmas chockies thing to share. The girls are fantastic! Im not bias or anything, i worked with them all pre-ds. He gets left with only a handful of people. Childcare, me, and my mum.

It definately wasnt expected, but i agree it was nice to know the job we do/done was appreciated. I got some very nice pieces of artwork, cards, chocolates, wine, pamper hampers (soap, powder, gels, creams etc) some really nice shampoo/conditioner/treatment pack (mum was a hairdresser) mugs, paperweights, photoframes, and keyrings.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks it's great to hear from the other side of things! I agree homemade cards lovely idea