+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Party Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    You can always get some bubble sticks which are $1 from kmart and big w with a thank you note attached. Which is inexpensive and if your dd is anything like mine she will love to play with any that aren't given away.
    This is an awesome idea! So using it for my sons 3rd birthday party!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Once again some of the responses on here are, well, incredible

OP I always do party bags. They never have more than 1 lolly in them and the rest are stickers, stamps, crazy glasses - I googled party bag stuffers for DD2's 3rd birthday this year and found some amazing sites that had really cheap stuff. We had a ball putting them together, and DD2 had a great time handing them out. She's particularly shy and it was great for her self-confidence.

I always prepare more than I need and never have more than a couple left over. But our parties always have a start and end time and are never really a "drop in if you are free" kind of party as with so many kids I need some certainty. We often have 20 to 40 people at our parties.

Depending on the age of the child I've also given out helium balloons and golden books to each child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    I don't think parents teach children to expect lolly bags and saying those that do deserve to be disappointed isn't very nice they are just kids. Kids love lolly bags. It's nothing malicious in it.

If it were me I would do a lolly bag. I too would be annoyed at getting maybe's unless for good reason like heavily pregnant, just had a baby, sick kids etc
    Yeah...I didn't say all parents teach their kids to expect lolly bags. I said that the parents that do are rude. And they are.

And the point of my post was to illustrate to the OP that in this situation (casual park party, lots of maybes, busy time of year) that no one should be expecting anything other than a nice kids party, which is surely what they'll get lolly bags or no.

But feel free to misinterpret me if you like. It wouldn't be the hub if someones harmless opinion on a fairly innocuous topic didn't get blown completely out of proportion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Party Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Yeah...I didn't say all parents teach their kids to expect lolly bags. I said that the parents that do are rude. And they are.

And the point of my post was to illustrate to the OP that in this situation (casual park party, lots of maybes, busy time of year) that no one should be expecting anything other than a nice kids party, which is surely what they'll get lolly bags or no.

But feel free to misinterpret me if you like. It wouldn't be the hub if someones harmless opinion on a fairly innocuous topic didn't get blown completely out of proportion
    If you had said in your first post what you said in your second paragraph here I wouldn't have thought nothing of it. But no kids deserves to be disappointed is what I was trying to get at but feel free to bite my head off

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Party Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Just ignore the post.
    Yes I should have

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post

No, but that attitude does tend to set hubbers off.

Also for expecting party bags I expected them because all the parties had them, not cause my mum taught me to... and reading a lot of the posts I would agree that party bags at a casual park party is probably not necessary. I love the bubbles idea ^___^

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Yes I should have
    It's hard but I've had to learn not to bite. Some posters on here like to make comments then come back and stir the pot - I could give so many examples where this has happened. But now I just tick a box when they make that comment (which they always do) and move on to the next useful post.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Party Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    It's hard but I've had to learn not to bite. Some posters on here like to make comments then come back and stir the pot - I could give so many examples where this has happened. But now I just tick a box when they make that comment (which they always do) and move on to the next useful post.
    Thanks for the reminder I will do next time there is really no point quoting in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Party Etiquette

How rude can you get throwing away a lolly bag? Just say no thanks I don't want one?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (17-12-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd make party bags, because it was kind of one of the lovely parts about a party when I was a kid. You'd had a great time, everyone had fun and then at the end you got sent home with LOLLIES?! WHAT DEGREE OF AMAZEBALLS IS THIS?! Hehehehe.
    I'd make them because for me it's just part of what makes up a kids party, but I wouldn't expect them at another person's childrens party because *shrug* not everyone does them, you know? Especially with the allergies etc floating around these days that every child seems to have something they can't eat and that way they have a few little party toys or something instead.

I might change to a 'treat' bag instead given that very issue myself actually. Saves mums and dads from having to take them off their disappointed child heh.