+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Christmas traditions

We keep the bonbons from our first Christmas, kept in our stockings for safe keeping til our 21st Christmas, so we can pop it then. I still have mine, making my bonbon 28yrs old.

We also make paper chains when decorating, as its what my sisters and I did every year, as my Mum couldn't afford decorations. We maybe able to afford decorations now, but I always found it to be a fun activity to do with my family.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Christmas traditions

Oh subbing! We usually stop by some lit-up houses on the way home from bil's. We do the food for Santa, which we make. we only put the pressies under the tree on Christmas eve, after the kids are in bed. Oh and we read the night before Christmas as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We drive around looking at lights on christmas eve. We used to do it when we were younger and I still love it. The kids do too.
    Then when we come home they put food and a drink out for Santa and the reindeer, then off to bed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by becca022 View Post
    We drive around looking at lights on christmas eve. We used to do it when we were younger and I still love it. The kids do too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    We did this when we were growing up too and it was awesome.

We also watch Christmas movies for 5 days in the lead up, 1 each night & everyone in the family had a nite to choose a movie & we all watched it together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

When I was a kid we would watch the carols on tv and then we got to open one present from mum and dad before bed.

Oh and the sun had to be up for us to be allowed to wake mum and dad.

My kids, we write Santa a thank you letter to leave out for him, we bake cookies to leave out and then we curl up on the couch together to watch a Xmas movie and in bed by 7 sharp lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every year, DS santa photo goes into a photo keyring and onto the Christmas tree. DS and I love looking through the photos when decorating the tree. He has 8 on there now- the one of him crying is his favourite.

The night before Christmas is read on Christmas Eve.

Santa presents are wrapped and in his Santa Sack which is at the end of his bed. He can wake up, feel, look and what not but not wake me up to open pressies until the sun is up.

Thanks
    Reviews

Making decorations, like paper chains or decorating baubles.

Seeing the houses with the lights on.

I really need to get some Christmas books

Singing Christmas carols all month! Even though we are all tone death we love randomly singing around the house!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I totally forgot something we had as kids. We always got a couple of really small presents left outside our bedrooms on Boxing Day, ( who remembers McDonald's calendars?), and we were always told they were from the Christmas elves.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    When I was a kid we would watch the carols on tv and then we got to open one present from mum and dad before bed.

Oh and the sun had to be up for us to be allowed to wake mum and dad.

My kids, we write Santa a thank you letter to leave out for him, we bake cookies to leave out and then we curl up on the couch together to watch a Xmas movie and in bed by 7 sharp lol.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    Ooh I like that, a thank you letter! Might steal that idea pretty please!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Such wonderful traditions here. Can't wait to start our own little traditions with ds. Merry Christmas everyone!