+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Which sling / carrier?

I've never really liked the look of slings or carriers however I've read some really positive comments about them lately so am thinking I might like to use one, especially if it provides a bit more privacy when I'm BF in public.
    So can anyone who has used one themselves tell me more about it, what's best for a newborn / up to 6 months? Should I buy before bub is born or wait and try some on once bub arrives? Any particular features I should look out for? TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No idea on slings. Ihad a BubbaMoe and didnt really use it much. For the carrier though, i have a Beco Butterfly and its the best thing ever. I used to BF in it. I just put the hood up, lengthen one arm strap and pop bub on.

Overall i prefer my wraps though, i have a Girasol and an Ellevill and use them more than my Beco

Thanks
    Reviews

I got a mini monkey sling and from 8 weeks old have used it almost daily. When bub was little I didn't feel confident with her in it due to checking her breathing and they say not to let the chin touch the chest but babies don't have much room between the 2 to start with! Now I'm loving it though. I also have an ergobaby which again with the insert I wasn't overly fond of but I'm determined that it will work better as she gets bigger so use that probably once a week. I think you really need to persist with whatever you chose for a little while before you can really decide if they work for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a baby Bjorn for both my kids but found when they were at the maximum weight capacity of 11kgs it was uncomfortable to carry them for long. So, i purchased an Ergo carrier when my youngest was around 10kgs and can't recommend it enough!! I used it to take him grocery shopping as i don't always want to struggle with a trolley seat cover. The Ergo lives in my car and is so easy to put on, instead of unpacking the pram etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I used a mei tai and ergo for my last DD she's now10 months and I still use the ergo a few times a week.

Thanks
    Reviews

I love my breeze baby sling. It took a bit of getting used to, as anything new does, but is so useful. We also have an ergo that has been fantastic, at home or when we're out or traveling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am also a big ergo fan! Love love love them! They are great and you can walk with bubs in them for miles! They are also ergonomic ally designed for you and bubs!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love my girasol wrap! I use the ergo occasionally, but mostly use my wrap or my ring sling for quick ups and downs.