+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question 3 Failed Clomid Cycles ... what's next?

Hi ladies,

I am just wondering for those who been on clomid cycles and they failed (no ovulation detected) what did your OB/FS did next?

I am on my 3rd and final Clomid try at the maximum dose as previous tries failed. I am just curious what I may be heading for if this too ends in a failed cycle.

Thank You.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3 Failed Clomid Cycles ... what's next?

Sorry to hear clomid hasn't worked out for you. I had no success with two cycles so moved onto fsh injections with timed intercourse. I had regular scans to check the development of my follicles and to make sure there was only 1 or 2 dominant ones. When the follicle was about 19mm (took up to 27 days for me but most people get there within about 10-14 days) I had a trigger shot to ensure the egg released then home to dtd a few times and hope for the best.

Some people don't bother with timed intercourse and go straight to insemination (iui) as it does increase your chances - how much depends if you have sperm issues as well. We didn't so it wasn't going to make much difference. Iui is more expensive and invasive but is a good non IVF option if your DP has minor issues with his swimmers.

My next step after timed intercourse was to be a laporoscopy to check for endo but thankfully I got a BFP before I got there.

I found injections very easy and much better than clomid, the need is in a pen form and is tiny to the point you don't even feel it. Don't be scared to move on and def recommend joining to injections support thread as all the girls in there are great and will help you through. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if I could ask your advice as at this stage I can't offer any (sorry BB78) as I am only on my 1st round of clomid and CD14. I have a blood test for O on CD21 (christmas eve). I was wondering if there is no sign of O what do you do next? as I would then assume AF doesn't show? so when do you start clomid again? did you take provera? any help would be great as I have been wondering.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

I think I had a blood test after af was due to double check I wasn't pg then started provera. The second time I started injections straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tormy, I really appreciate your advice as I am very new to clomid and trying to find out as much as possible. I will look at the blood test referral and see if he has put on to test for Estrogen, if he hasn't and I can't get it tested what would you suggest I do? How much longer should I wait before either testing for O again or starting provera again? I am sure he will tell me what to do but was hoping you might have some thoughts.

Thanks again

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies thanks for your advice, How are you going JB2011? I am CD 22 so waiting on my blood test, I am the most positive I ovulated in a very long time I had the darkest of dark OPKs and cramping I think I ovulated on CD 14, only time will tell

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi BB78 *fingers crossed* you did ovulate... Very exciting! Keep us updated.

I am CD30 and unfortunately didn't ovulate - I had my CD21 blood test and sadly no O, since then I've been looking for O signs but sadly no so on CD 35 I do a HPT just in case then I start on provera again then 2nd round of clomid, this time 100mg.

BB78 what mg of clomid are you on? Did you do anything else to help O eg: supplements etc? Any advice would be awesome!!

Good luck

X

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi BB, I saw in the jan thread you got your BFP!! Yay!! I'm about to start my second cycle if clomid - 100mg. I'd love any advice you might have!! GL