+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default First response test line not as dark as control line :-(

Hey guys a bit worried. I tested yesterday late morning definitely a line but fainter than the control line.

Tested late tonight and again definitely a line bit still lighter than control line. Plus I grabbed the other one yeterday out of my bag and the test line had practically disappeared. The control had gone a weird colour.

Does having a line not as dark as the control line mean HPT is still low? I think I am 14-16 dpo.

Has this happened to anyone? Was everything ok? Could it just be first response aren't as good? Really freaking out as I have little to no symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: First response test line not as dark as control line :-(

My test line wasnt as dark as the control until AF was 7 days late...and i have a healthy baby girl i also had no symptoms until i was about 6 weeks...good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

And as for the change in colour...you should ignore anything you see after ten minutes...wee evaporates

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hey meld! On preg tests the presence of any HCG hormone above a certain level (all tests have different sensitivities) will show a different shade of line on the test. Depending on how many bubs u have and how far along you are, the results can vary. And even some woman find they never get a darker line like the control.

Having enough hcg present to make a distinct line in the test means you are recording a positive result. Your body does not naturally have the hcg present unless there is a pregnancy.

Hope that helps. I'm not a doc but by all means see yours for a second opinion. They usually send you for a blood test to confirm.

Fx this is your BFP!
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Is it a pregnancy test? Then a coloured line in the tests time frame is a definite POSITIVE! A line is a line, even a very very faint line is a positive.

If you were doing an ovulation prediction test you'd be looking for a line equal to or darker than the control line.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I just noticed one of your other posts with a digital hpt. Clearly you are UTD. It says it in beautiful bit letters.

Are you now concerned that the levels aren't rising and thus making your hpts get darker??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    I just noticed one of your other posts with a digital hpt. Clearly you are UTD. It says it in beautiful bit letters.

Are you now concerned that the levels aren't rising and thus making your hpts get darker??
    Hi Everyone,

l
    My apologies I was obviously not really clear with my question. Definitely know am UTD and I missed temping a few days this cycle so I am 14-16DPO (definitely not earlier or later) The longest LP I have had since DS is 11 days so I am pretty sure AF is late no matter what day it happened.

My concern was that I thought HCG was meant to double in 48 hours so would that not mean the test should become significantly darker? On Tuesday there was a faintest faintest line not even 100% sure it was there. Wednesday there was a more prominent line but still very faint and Thurs was the digital test. I was going to leave it but thought as I was not sure how many dpo I was, I should check it is rising and obviously have stressed myself out.

So my question is by now should my test line be as dark as the control line? I know it is early to have symptoms but I did have symptoms and they all but disappeared. I will get bloods on Wednesday.

Its just been a really crappy 2 months with health scares with my DS and my hubby lost his job. I could have handled not being pregnant but a miscarriage will be really hard to take.

I will get bloods done asap I was just wondering to ease my mind if it took someone else a while to get a test line as dark as control.

Also is it ood the test line all but disappeared after 36 hours? I was hoping to compare them but cant. I see so many photos of people with their tests lined up.

Thanks
    Reviews

I first did a test at the same time as you and it was faint but definitely there, took a week or so for it to get darker and show up straight away. I had to have 2 blood tests aswell because I was so early!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

My advice is to stop peeing on sticks and try to relax

Get your bloods, ite the best way to tell but honestly, it's normal. I tested are 14DPO and got a very faint line. It didn't darken up until I was 6.5 weeks. I am now 14w3d and all is going great

Congratulations and try not To stress.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Mine never got any darker, in fact mine were so faint over a 3 week period that we didn't think I was pregnant. It wasn't until I got a different brand of test that I started getting really dark lines. Blood tests confirmed everything was ok.

I think it's best to not stress out until you get your blood tests done, they will be much more accurate than an at home preg test

Btw I have a beautiful 4.5 month old DS from my very very faint second line.