+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cooking & freezing or prepping & freezing uncooked?

I cook and freeze, I am single with DD 4 and DS 1 and there is no way we finish meals! Lol so I shop once a fortnight and then only have to cook one week, lol the next week I can reheat and on day care days when I have to walk to pick her up and am stuffed at the end I can just hear our dinner instead of having to come home and cook. Can't wait till I get me new sole freezer!! Lol I will be able to cook BIG meals

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definately cook and freeze!

We had an odd situation, where we lived with my parents, but i cooked. My dad is VERY much a meat and vegies man, and unless he has his piece of meat, he is not satisfied. I had made quiche, with only bacon and onion in it one night, and he complained that there was no meat

So to avoid that in the future, i started using foil containers and freezing extra meals for him for nights where we werent having "meat". It was good, we used to run a take away food shop so already had 100s of containers sitting around doing nothing!

At any one time i would have about 20 odd heat n eat meals frozen. From lasagne, pasta, casseroles, meat n veg, roasts, stews, soups, rices.. I wrote on the lid of each one e.g. "Lasagne 18/12/12" so he would know what it was... He loved it so much they started disappearing for work lunches too!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just made a batch of chili con carne! I'm so pumped about this I'm going to go ahead and make a second dish!!
    Yes lunches!!! I didn't think about that!! DH is so picky if he has the same thing 3 times a week ( I mean like ham sandwich or chicken sandwich) he isn't happy, I can't wait to have the freezer stacked with options

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cooking & freezing or prepping & freezing uncooked?

Cook and freezer too!

We buy meat in bulk ie half a cow/sheep etc and divvy up into portions.

Then once a week I cook. I just take out a serve of Everything. Not doing it this week cos of Xmas but will start next year again.

Every week I make combinations of the following - usually 5-6 meals plus a couple of snack types for morning teas etc

Beef and lentil casserole
    Sausage rolls
    Savoury mince for tacos, curry puffs, cottage pie or chow mein
    Spinach/ricotta mix for pies, scrolls, canneloni or lasagna
    Chicken curry
    Macaroni and cheese
    Beef massamun
    Fish pie
    Tuna bake
    Pasta bake with bacon and chicken
    Apricot chicken

All child/toddler friendly