+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Diet help!

Hi all, I'm 32w pregnant and have put on a LOT of weight so far...

I am not looking to diet, but be a bit more sensible about my eating (which was pretty good before I had MS for nearly 3 months!) I would like to not put on any more weight before the baby arrives (which is realistic given my current size!)

Does anyone have any, or know of where I can get a sensible eating plan that won't leave me starving, or looking like the good year blimp!?

What do you eat in a typical day? What do you snack on?

It's really starting to get me down :-( any ideas appreciated.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Diet help!

I'm nowhere near as far along as you )/(16 weeks) but I've had morning sickness for 11 weeks and counting!

I found my snacking was getting out of control so nowadays I'm snacking on fruit (mostly nectarines and rockmelon) carrot sticks, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. I also switched chips for lunchbox sized packets of popcorn when I wanted savoury. I've just introduced unsalted cashews which are helping me stay full for longer.

Good luck!!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet help!

I too am only 16 weeks and my appetite has just kicked in with a vengeance the last week or so. I put on 25kg with my first so definitely don't want to do that again.
    I find that if I have healthy stuff prepared (rock melon cut up into cubes in the fridge, home made tziki dip and water crackers, veggie sticks etc) that I am more likely to grab the healthy stuff when I open the fridge and see it there ready to eat with no effort from me required. I also drink a full glass of water before eating and that makes me control my potion sizes as then lots of food at once won't fit in all once tat way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet help!

Also do a bubhub search for gestational diabetes plans. I can't remember the thread but I know I found some great links to nutritionist eating plans from one of the woman's hospitals on a thread here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jez For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Diet help!

I snack on grapes, I can be eating a bunch of grapes over a few hours and because they're so small I feel like I've eaten heaps, when really it's still just a bunch of grapes. I find that convenience is the key, I take an apple to work with me every day but eat about one per week because I couldn't be bothered to wash and cut it up, so hit the vending machine for my afternoon sugar hit. But if something has already been cut up like rockmelon or something I'm much more likely to eat it.
    I also take a 'fun size' chocolate to work each day, it usually satisfies the chocolate craving and stops me from going to the vending machine :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Also do a bubhub search for gestational diabetes plans. I can't remember the thread but I know I found some great links to nutritionist eating plans from one of the woman's hospitals on a thread here.
    ^^This, I have GD and lost 5kg within the first 4wks of being diagnosed. Not sure to date of weight loss as OBs scales were broken at last visit.
    I am controlling GD purely by diet and have sacrificed almost every gram of carbhydrates I ever used to eat. I now live off protein, salads and nuts.
    I was never a big girl to start with so the amount of weight lost amazed everyone, I truley believe cutting carbs can work after what I have seen in myself.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Millsi For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

On a typical day this is what id eat

Bowl of all bran wheat flakes with sliced banana and milk

Ryvitas x3 with tuna and/ or cottage cheese and some fruit or a salad with egg or marinated chicken

Meat size of plam serving with veg.

Obviously what i eat varies a bit but amount wise this is what id normally eat in a day. On weekends its much more laxed and i have treats

Im not pregnant tho x Ive actually lost nearly 20kg eating this way over the past 5 months. Im back in my size 10 jeans so it would help with weight gain during pregnancy im sure!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 16-12-2012 at 19:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to eat the same as I did pre-pregnancy when I was maintaining my weight and have managed to go 2-3 weeks at a time with no weight gain this pregnancy. In fact my only weight gain for the past few weeks has been from fluid retention (ewww)!

Thanks
    Reviews

I found that too hard lol my appetite has increased so much. In saying that I'm 16+2 and gained around 800 grams even though I'm eating lots

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet help!

OMG littlemissellie I would starve eating that when I'm not pregnant! Lol I have a big appetite, but have started to have a drink of water before eating at least, I'm just constantly hungry - I've tried to keep occupied to taken mind off it but I just get grumpy and snappy the more hungry I get! Aargh so frustrating :-(