+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Clementine Grace, I work with the Department of Human Services in a team that responds to questions about Centrelink payments and services on social media sites like this.
    You may still be eligible for Parental Leave Pay even if you have to be off work sick and can't work for 10 of the 13 months before the baby is born. You can find more details about the relevant time frames, qualifying work, and work test hours here.
    If pregnancy complications and/or a premature birth have prevented you from working, just let us know, as exceptions to the work test can apply for these circumstances.
    I'd recommend starting your claim online as early as possible (you can do this as early as three months before your due date). You don't need to know if you are eligible for Parental Leave Pay to apply - this will be established as we process your claim. If you feel that your circumstances can’t be fully explained in the online claim, you can provide extra information at an office or by mail. To start your claim online go to online services at humanservices.gov.au
    All the best!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Ingrid! Thanks very much for that.

I've been off on paid sick leave, and all on dr's certificates so I'm hoping that I can use that. In normal circumstances i'd, be working up until 6 weeks before hand. Will def check out the link. Thanks!