+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Brown discharge

This is my first and I started some brown spotting once I hit six weeks. Ill be nine weeks tomorrow I think and it calmed down last week. My doc said its very common and it's most likely just a bit of breakthrough spotting because of hormones or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey! I've been spotting brown pretty much since the day after I found out I was pregnant so for a week now. I'm only 5 1/2 weeks but it all seems okay so far, my levels are going up and all.

I'm with you though, trying not to stress out toooooo much! We can do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having brown disharge too, a little every day. It's pretty scary hope your scan goes well

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

We had our scan this morning.. One healthy little bubba!!! Heartbeat is beating away strong and all looks good! They are not sure why I had the small blew or discharge, they said it just sometimes happens!
    I am not as far along as I thought. I thought I was 8w6d but they are saying from the scan 7w1d, which is nearly two weeks difference.. I am not really sure how that works as I thought I was pretty spot on with my dates... ?
    As long as we have a healthy bub i guess that is all that matters!
    such a relief!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Congrats! Least now you can settle in and enjoy the ride...with the dating some times bubs development does advance at different rates and possibly you didn't o when you thought (not sure if you we're monitoring cycles) but main thing is once you see the heartbeat there's a much smaller chance if something going wrong - cant remember the stats off hand but if you google it you'll find it.

Best if luck with all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    going through this atm, its so hard not to panic!

this is my 2nd pregnancy since a missed m/c last november, last monday night i had brown spotting & instantly freaked out - went to hospital & had a full on panic attack in the waiting room (fat lot of good it did, just ended up waiting for 4 hours & didnt get seen anyway)

saw the gp in the morning who basically said not to stress, and if i do m/c nobody can do anything about it anyway (thanks, thats really comforting :/)

ive tried to take it easy ever since, as much as i can while working anyway, and the spotting has come back every couple of days or so. nothing yesterday, just got more with a tiny clot today.

we have our first scan booked for tomorrow, gotta keep it together until then

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Brown blood is old blood so for some reason or other you had this come through and sounds like your body is still getting rid of whatever it was. You will be fine as long as its not fresh red blood with cramping etc - even then quite often it's still ok. Apart from myself I know several people that had this during pregnancy and it can be soooo many different things!

The worst thing you can do is stress as this releases stress hormones into your body - I know it's not easy but your dr is right, don't get worked up as everything will run its course.

I am sure everything will be fine! And don't hesitate to go back to the dr/hospy as many times as you feel is necessary to reassure you - that what they're there for! Just trust your instincts.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am 10 weeks and 2 days today.i went to hospital today because ive had brown spotting for 2 days and mild cramping.after 2 u/s,internal,bloods and urine test done they say it is mt placenta attatching to my uterus.when they do a internal they said to me there is a hole inside called the osis( think thats how its spelt) but if its closed theres no threaten of micarrage.hope everything came back positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wishing for baby View Post
    We had our scan this morning.. One healthy little bubba!!! Heartbeat is beating away strong and all looks good! They are not sure why I had the small blew or discharge, they said it just sometimes happens!
    I am not as far along as I thought. I thought I was 8w6d but they are saying from the scan 7w1d, which is nearly two weeks difference.. I am not really sure how that works as I thought I was pretty spot on with my dates... ?
    As long as we have a healthy bub i guess that is all that matters!
    such a relief!!
    Congrats!

Thanks
    Reviews
    C