+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Hi,
    Last wednesday I had a very small amount of red blood, followed by some brown spotting. In a panic I rushed straight off to my doctor!
    They did a blood test on Wednesday and another on Friday. She said my levels are still rising and are quite high so all is good. Just to keep resting. I had Thursday and Friday of work, pretty much haven't moved for the past four days from 24/7 nausea and also too scared!! I have been having a little bit of brown discharge over these days..
    For the first time in the four days we have just gone out to finish out Christmas shopping and I have had quite abit of brown discharge again! ;(
    No red, clots and not in any pain. And still feeling sick!
    We are having a scan on Thursday. And I will be nine weeks on Friday.
    What do I do? Do I need to go back to my doctor? Do I need to have more time off work? Do i just wait for the scan? This is out first and it is all so scary!!!
    The doctor said as long as its not red heavy bleeding or bad cramping don't panic. But it is very hard not to!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Brown discharge

Sounds like old leftover blood from your previous bleed, I would just rest. This happened all through my last pregnancy, it is scary but unless it turns red again nothing to panic about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Brown discharge

I had brown discharge when I wiped at about 6-11 weeks with all three of my pregnancies. After it happened with my first I half expected it with my second and when it happened with my second I assumed it was just normal for me. Try not to worry, no pain and no red blood is a good sign

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too bled early with both my pregnancies, was told your uterus goes from size of a plum to a rockmelon by week 10 and early bleeding is often a result of this. Nothing dangerous, just your body doing its job. Hard not to worry but great you've got a scan before Xmas to relieve your worries. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    As difficult as it is, you need to relax & not panic. I've had it with all pregnancies. Two weeks ago at 11 weeks I lost a large bright red blood clot & had bad cramping. I was terrified & thought the worst but all is fine so far. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

I had the same thing happen at around 11 weeks. I kept freaking out as I had days with more or less brown and/or gold discharge for quite a while afterward. My ob kept doing check ups every few days because I was so paranoid that something was wrong due to the varied colour/amounts of later discharge but she said it was just old blood cleaning out. This was the case and my DD is now here safe and sound. The only time you need to get checked out is if you have new fresh bright red blood. Even then it quite often is fine.

Easy to say but try not to stress - the hormones you release when you do are no good for bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Oh and with regard to the bed rest....my ob said it would be good to do 'limited activities' for around a week if this was possible but not essential so just do what you feel is right just because you had a little extra discharge after a bit if walking doesn't mean you should stop doing everything. I had more or less depending on what I was doing but it sorted itself out when my body was ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Brown blood is old blood, probably from the bleed a few days ago. I know it's super hard, but try to rest and not worry to much. It will usually be red when something is amiss, and even then red blood doesn't always mean m/c. I had one at around 5-6 weeks and lets just say there was no mistaking it was m/c. From what you have said I wouldn't worry to much, the fact your HcG is rising well is a really good sign

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Brown discharge

I've had 5 pregnancies and with the first 4 never had any bleeding.
    The current one I had brown blood/discharge from weeks 6-10. I was preparing every day for a miscarriage. I didn't even bother getting it checked as there would have been nothing they could have done. We saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks so was hoping it would all be ok.
    And... Here I am at 25 weeks and all looking good!
    All that's different is I have an anterior placenta which I've never had?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brown discharge

Thank you so much for all of your replies!! This eases my mind so much! My husband has been saying it is fine for days, but it is so nice to hear it from others!
    I have had none today so far and we have a scan on Thursday so I am hopefully that will ease my mind even more!