+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I asked for a magazine subscription this year...but you gotta be careful with them because you need to KNOW what the person reads. If I got a cosmo or cleo or vogue subscription it would be the biggest waste of someones money....I prefer the trashy cr@p mags like NW and Famous even though I know its all bullplop

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Desperate for ideas!

I'm 23 and a student. If I purchase every book on my compulsory and recommend list, that's $800, plus $50 per uniform top. I normally spend around $200- $300 a semester on text books.

My bff loves acquiring text books as well, even if they're not on the list for her subjects. She feels all infomation is good infomation.

For a semester bff and I go through a realm of paper each for lecture notes. Im getting her some printer cartridges for Christmas. Unromantic? Yeah, but I know she will love it. It's useful and shows I've been thinking about what she really needs.

Money is always an excellent gift dp once met me at uni for lunch, then took me to the uni book shop and told me he would buy me any book I wanted, money was no issue. I also got to show him around campus/ my world and he met my friends.

I wouldn't mind if my parents did that for me. It was a lovely day with dp, and lovely to feel like he was interested in my life. Uni has some pretty good food.

I hate gifts of perfume. They all smell like cat pee on me. I like to just wear plain rose or jasmine oil.

I hate gifts of handbags because I know what I like and what I don't. I like lots of pockets and washable.

Anyways. That's just my opinion.

Could you get her a kindle? Co op book store voucher? Fishpond dot com voucher?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh and for magazines, I would love dumbo feather, New scientist, Molly makes or readers digest. So 20 something's have very difdernt tastes.

What about kaz Cookes New book for women?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If she's a sensible type, I love the idea of T2 tea gifts. Or the magazine sub, but yep you'd have to know interests. Cooking mags are great if she's into that kind of thing.

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    A kindle maybe?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I think she already has a kindle.
    I do appreciate all suggestions... keep them coming!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Maybe some items for when she does move out?

Like one of the plastic chests from bunnings and get her something small to start her off like a set of wine glasses. That way each birthday and Christmas you can get her a gift to go into her chest of things.

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

If she is moving out any time soon a friend of mine got me a washing basket and filled it with useful stuff for my new apartment - toilet paper, tea towels, Windex, spray and wipe, kitchen sponges, first aid kit, that sort of thing. It was so useful because I'd just spent the majority of my money on bond and the first two weeks rent, and was going to spend the rest of it on getting some food in the house.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Dusk candles

Electric oil burner and some dusk melts

Wallet/purse

Doona cover

Pandora leather bracelet and a charm

Nice PJs and slippers

Toiletries bag with body shop stuff

Makeup kit

Girls night in hamper - make it up yourself in a pretty box. You could buy a couple of new release movies, nice snacks and fav or gourmet choccies, face mask, nail polish and file/buffer, a book or CD etc

Fluffy bath towel, hand towel and washer set with her name embroidered on it. You could add some nice body wash or shampoo with it.

Toe ring and/or anklet

Camera - you can get a pretty decent digital one for under $100 these days

Decent Hair dryer

Cake decorating book and some bits to make a little baking kit. Maybe with a cute apron.

Birthstone ring

Beach towel, sunnies, thongs and a book in a beach bag

Swarovski crystal pen (they are around 40$) with a nice 2013 diary and stationery from Kikki K

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Mod-biscotti is online now Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Do they still do mystery flights? That might be fun and something different?