+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Has anyone stopped their baby catnapping?

Hi,

DS is 10 weeks old and been a cat Napper ever since he was around 3 weeks. I kid you not, he has only ever had 4-5 lots of 45 min naps per day. He is a fantastic night sleeper, but I think that's only because he is so exhausted from not sleeping during the day.

So my question is, have you been successful in getting your bub to sleep longer and if so how. Do u keep bub in the cot & persist with trying to settle etc?

Thanks
    Reviews

Still have a cat napper here! My DD is 6.5 months old. Sometimes she will sleep for longer and I have no idea why! I don't do anything different. And sometimes I am able to put her back to sleep after the first sleep cycle. The rest of the time I just give up and go with it. I think well if she's tired then she will sleep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janey2012 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is he a content, happy baby?

If he is, then is there anything wrong with him cat napping?

DD was a cat napper and always been a fantastic night sleeper and a happy kid.

She is the kind of kid who doesn't need much sleep and dropped her day sleep between 12-14 months and is always on the go...I need a nap to keep up with her sometimes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (23-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Both my kids catnapped at that age, it was only with time that they got better. DD is 14 months old and she sleeps for at least 1.5 hours during the day, and the other day she had a 3 hour nap! I wouldn't worry, it's pretty normal and they often grow out of it.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Nope, 2 catnappers here. DS used to only sleep for 45 mins and I thought that was bad then DD came along, 20 mins tops and that's only if she's being held. Put her down and she's awake in a flash.

Thanks
    Reviews

DD1 now 3yo was a notorious cat napper 40 mins every time til she went down to one nap a day. After that I'd get 2.5 hrs for her nap.

DD2 is 8mo and exactly the same. Some days she'll sleep longer, no idea why. Usually it's bang on 30 mins.

Both girls are awesome night sleepers though. Once I tried to mess with DD1's cat naps, I tried to make her resettle. It caused all hell to break loose, even her night sleep went out the window for a few days. I learnt very quickly not to try and change her.

Now I just roll with it. It's not worth the stress, and I can't fight DD2 to sleep longer when I have DD1 to look after too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

We had a cat napper and he just kinda grew out of it...30 mins on the nose, every sleep! I say just go with it x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Has anyone stopped their baby catnapping?

DD was the same, at that age I got several 40 min naps in the day and a great nights sleep! DD is 11months now and sleeps longer over 2 sleeps. But her nights have changed for the worse! Not convinced its related though... I think she just grew out of it! :-)

Sent from my LT15i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes, but only with the help of sleep school. DS catnapped during the day but also woke up consistently at night. He was constantly grizzly. After 2 days the nurses had him sleeping overnight with a dream feed and sleeping 1.5-2hrs 3 times a day (resettling if necessary). Saved my sanity as I had a toddler to deal with also.

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks everyone, sounds like something that I'm stuck with. Before having a bub I had never in a million years thought that babies catnapped, I wrongly assumed all babies just slept for 2-3 hours at a time, how wrong was I :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Lovegood View Post
    Is he a content, happy baby?

If he is, then is there anything wrong with him cat napping?

DD was a cat napper and always been a fantastic night sleeper and a happy kid.

She is the kind of kid who doesn't need much sleep and dropped her day sleep between 12-14 months and is always on the go...I need a nap to keep up with her sometimes
    Yep he seems happy & content, it's only when the late afternoon comes around 4pm that he is grumpy & grizzly for 2 hours or so & i cannot for the life of me get him to sleep. I thought it was because he hadn't been getting enough sleep throughout the day.