Okay, last post for the evening. I've been getting a lot of compliments lately and what's better than the fact that I'm getting them is that I'm getting better at receiving them. Here's what I've been told lately:
- DH told me I looked beautiful when I got dressed up for his work Christmas do. (I didn't respond by rolling my eyes or accusing him of lying, I felt beautiful!)
Here's a photo from the night. I wore the same dress to work yesterday for our Christmas lunch, too. I wasn't a huge fan of this photo but DH told me "you look better than the photo", nawwww!
And here's a dodgy selfie I took later in the night because it's what all the cool kids do!
- Pretty much everyone at work said I looked fantastic yesterday and one lady said "this is the new Siân!". (Again, I just thanked them, no "awwww, not really" and thinking they're just saying it to be nice!)
- When I saw my MIL, she said I looked amazing and that she could tell I'd lost weight.
- I uploaded a pic of my team at our Christmas lunch to Facebook (I'd share it here but it has the rest of my team in it and I don't feel right doing that) and a friend said I'm looking fantastic and she must get herself some Zumba. (It still amazes me that I can inspire other people to exercise just by doing it myself!)
- My absolute favourite compliment that I've gotten so far, though, came from a girl who has been my friend since I was 10 years old. We were best friends growing up and have always remained close. On that same picture yesterday, she commented that I looked great and said it was strange seeing me with short hair. When I replied that I kind of love my new, short hair she replied with my favourite comment since I started this. "You look freer if that makes sense? Loverrrrlyyy xx". It amazes me that even from a photo she could see something that is essentially an internal change within myself.