View Poll Results: What do your kids leave out on Christmas Eve?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Santa sacks

6 50.00%
  • Stockings

4 33.33%
  • Pillow cases

1 8.33%
  • Other! Please explain..

0 0%
  • Nothing, we don't embrace Santa

1 8.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ** Christmas Fluff ** Santa sacks or stockings?

My brother and i each had a stocking as a kid and loooooved running to mum and dads bedroom in the morning to tip it out all over their bed, it was mostly 'crap' but provided endless entertainment eg: cards, textas, little dolls etc. Also had bigger gifts under the tree

These days, DP and I get each other a sack (we always overfill the stockings!) and also have presents to each other under the tree plus gifts from Santa. The pets get wrapped gifts too!!
    Maybe we overdo it at Christmas but oh well
    We mostly get stuff we need or really want so I see no harm.
    I think we will get each other less things when we have kids but our little one (currently baking) will only be 6 months by next Christmas and DP says she/he will be too young to spoil...

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has a sack which ill put at the end of her bed. Im not filling it with crap. Shes got a new beach towel, pots n pans for her kitchen, enid blyton books, a new dorothy the dinosaur as the old one goes everywhere & we need a backup and textas.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    Stockings with their names on them.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Mine have stockings that get filled with bits n pieces and one big present from santa that doesnt get wrapped.

Ie: last year they got a swingset so got a letter from santa telling them to go look outside

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: ** Christmas Fluff ** Santa sacks or stockings?

Santa leaves things under the tree in different wrapping to MY presents

Though we had sacks growing up and they had 2-3 toys in them (hula hoop, skipping rope, doll etc) but every year chocolate, lollies, soft drink and coco pops & fruit loops which our parents NEVER bought for us.... but Santa did

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

The kids have a stocking each that I made :-) its quiet small and won't even fit a book or DVD, this year I have bought chocolate coins... Lol the kids never have these! A nighty, some shoes for the little guy, and some bath wash that was $2 at woollies....

Thanks
    Reviews

DS had a sack that his nanny made. It's a little larger then a pillow case. It's filled with unwrapped presents. Not junky stuff this year there is magna-doodle, book, puzzle, play school CD cloths bubble and maybe a chocolate. We always had sacks growing up and I remember the pure delight waking in the early hours of the morning feeling around in the dark as to what might be in there and then running into mum and dads bed when it was light to show them what Santa had brought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

We have stockings and 1 or 2 presents under the tree.

Santa fills the stockings and leaves bigger presents under the tree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We actually have both.

We did Santa sacks because thats what I grew up having. They stay under the tree and are folded under the tree right now. Then we decided to do the stockings over the fireplace like you see in most Christmas Movies.

Bits and pieces or whatever fits go in the stockings and the rest goes in the sacks. They aren't always full though just depends on what they get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Neither. Santa leaves 1 present each child (the bigger 'requested' gift). They then get 1 gift from Mum & Dad and a gift from each other (we only have 2 kids and they are both under 4). Topped with gifts from many aunts, uncles and grandparents it is already overkill so we tend to space Christmas out so rellies can watch them open their gifts and they get a cuddle/thank you. We buy a gift for each other, and 2 for charity. I think a Santa sack would be overkill and neither hubby or I had them as kids so we don't know any different.