+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darianiika View Post
    hey there, when you say centrelink payments do you mean they contribute more if the father isn't around? Im reading posts about mums who claim child support from the dads but they don't pay anyway so is it even worth it... I will certainly need to make some calls I'm confused about the legalities of it all
    to get full ftb you need to claim child support. if you dont do it you are only entitile to minimum ftb. which is next to nothing. that on top of parenting payment is not enough to live on. depending on how much child support you get will depend on how much ftb you get. but IF child support is paid you will be better off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darianiika View Post
    hey there, when you say centrelink payments do you mean they contribute more if the father isn't around? Im reading posts about mums who claim child support from the dads but they don't pay anyway so is it even worth it... I will certainly need to make some calls I'm confused about the legalities of it all
    to get full ftb you need to claim child support. if you dont do it you are only entitile to minimum ftb. which is next to nothing. that on top of parenting payment is not enough to live on. depending on how much child support you get will depend on how much ftb you get. but IF child support is paid you will be better off.

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Child Support TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

What if fob doesn't pay child support? I know mine doesn't want to :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Just over 7 years ago Lol
    I dont see why the father would factor into a parenting payment for a single parent??
    It effects FTB and I guess the govt's stance is that the father should contribute to their child... which of course means since they have more income CL can give the mother less

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it depends on what you want for the child. If the dad is out and walks away you have two choices put him on the birth certificate and collect child support knowing that you just make it very easy for him to walk in and out of the child's life, you wont be able to change the child's name, if you want to move he can act up and make you move back etc.

Or you can let him go tell CSA you don't know the fathers last name it was a one night stand if they don't have a name they cant find him and they will call centrelink and give you an exemption dad goes his way and you go yours and can change the child's name, move as you please etc he can go ahead and try to get back into the child's life by doing DNA tests etc that he will have to pay for but if you really think he is gone for good this might be highly unlikely.

I would just make sure that he doesn't want to be involved you wouldn't want to misunderstand and have him actually want to be involved

You have to do what you think is right.

If you go to the single parent forum and step parents forum and read what some of the mothers are having to go through with ex's it may help you make a decision.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfamily View Post
    To get full FTB you only need to make an effort to get CS if you dont know the fathers name there isnt much they can do so they will give an exemption I know a few people who have chosen to go this route They get the full FTB.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Child Support TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

I thought that when you filled out the paper work for the birth certificate that if the father didn't sign it his name wouldn't go on it anyway? Is the father going to be willing to sign a piece of paper admitting this is his child if he doesn't want anything to do with them? You may not have a choice about putting his name on ther birth certificate?

This is whata friend of mine told me and I'm not 100% sure if it is true or not but it would be worth finding out bdm?

Good luck with your decision!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Child Support TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

If the father is not on the birth cert you can still claim child support but you will have to go through a process of proving that he is in fact the father. If he is going to deny he is you will have to do it via DNA through court most likely.
    Centrelink give you 13 weeks ( i think??) to claim child support or apply for and be granted an exemption otherwise your FTB is cut back to the minimum rate.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Crazyfamily  (16-12-2012),Maia  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    What if fob doesn't pay child support? I know mine doesn't want to :/
    its got noting to do with if he wants to !
    if you apply he has to pay the amount he is assesed at the amount will depend on his income , if he doesnt work it will be very little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by *Need~More~Coffee~Please* View Post
    its got noting to do with if he wants to !
    if you apply he has to pay the amount he is assesed at the amount will depend on his income , if he doesnt work it will be very little
    If he doesnt work and has zero income it can be knocked down to $0

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (04-05-2014)