+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Oh sh!te, we best re-home all children with higher IQs than their parents!

There's a difference between protecting fertility and taking an already existing child away from a mother who was coping.

According to the article she was capable - assessed by various professionals.

So much stigma from so many people. We're in the 20th century people.

Well, according to BigRedV, the professionals who diagnosed my sister were incorrect.

So, the "diagnoses by professional" cr@p no longer flies with me. They could have diagnosed incorrectly. The judge would have seen this during the court proceedings. Everyone always natters on about what's best for the children. The judge decided this was. You can't have it both ways. Either the courts decide what's best for a child or they don't, so going to court for any children is pointless.

ETA: Yes, we are in the 20th century, with a higher understanding of people with special needs. Therefore, we should have an understanding that they need a higher and different level of care to other people.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

The judge didn't decide - did you read the article? The mothers legal advocate conceded her rights

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (17-12-2012),SPC  (17-12-2012),Willow  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    The judge didn't decide - did you read the article? The mothers legal advocate conceded her rights
    I did read the article. The judge would have agreed, or they would have ruled in her favour.
    I also noticed that there is limited information to go on. Actually, I would go with next to no information to go on. So, we are arguing for the rights of a CHILD, not her mother, to live a normal and healthy life and actually be a child.

Let me put it very clearly for you how I see these things: No mother has rights. Children have rights. Children have the right to be in the hands of a CAPABLE and loving parent, without worries or anything about being anything other than a child.

The mothers legal advocate conceded her rights because...? I can't think of a single reason other than being in agreeance that she can't properly care for her daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

I think what's a bit frightening about that thought of a child would be better off in the care of another despite the lack of harm or neglect, is then by what criteria does someone need to meet to maintain their parental rights if there is a "better" alternative? When the child's actual welfare isn't so much a factor as the alternative being better?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (17-12-2012),SPC  (17-12-2012),sweetseven  (18-12-2012),Willow  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

That's not true actually. The judge never viewed submissions or had evidence submitted either way. The elderly relatives wanted custody, the mothers legal advocate gave it to them. The judge signed off.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

The mothers legal advocate would have conceded because they don't have funding to fight expensive legal battles.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I find the level of misplaced faith in the system frightening

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Benji  (18-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (17-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (17-12-2012),SPC  (17-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (17-12-2012),Willow  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    I think what's a bit frightening about that thought of a child would be better off in the care of another despite the lack of harm or neglect, is then by what criteria does someone need to meet to maintain their parental rights if there is a "better" alternative? When the child's actual welfare isn't so much a factor as the alternative being better?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how sad it is for this poor woman to have been a victim of this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Willow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

That just makes me believe it's the right decision even more! The situation had to be pretty bad to start with if the mothers own legal rep thought she wasn't capable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

I find the level of misplaced faith in the system frightening
    I find the blind 'mother is always in the right' faith present on Bub Hub frightening....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (17-12-2012)