+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

The article explained that disability is seen in the same light as drug addiction legally, ie a barrier to successful parenting without further analysis.

It also explained that the law assumes that it is the other natural parent challenging custody.

Therefore legally this case was the equivalent of a father challenging custody of a drug addicted mother.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's really scary is that any one of us could acquire a brain injury from a car crash or something, and need our kids cared for for a few months whilst we are in rehab. But then, even if everybody official agrees that we are fine to parent, the temporary careers could be awarded custody if they were considered 'better' simply because they were not impaired. Terrifying thought for anyone who has adorable children that somebody else coverts.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (16-12-2012),Izy  (16-12-2012),sweetseven  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so this woman has the mental capacity of a 11 year old maybe that is why they thought she would be better off with someone else. I mean if this is true an 11 year old isnt going to be able to take full care of a child. What happens when this child is 15 and needs help with homework?

Severity
    IQ Range
    Mental Age (MA) Equivalent

Mild
    50-70
    8 yrs. To 11.25 yrs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (15-12-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    What happens when this child is 15 and needs help with homework?

Well the same as any other family.

I have a 15 year old. This year he studied criminal law, physics and chemistry, oh and extension Maths 2. I was absolutely no help AT ALL with any of those subjects (and I'm a teacher) but I made sure if he needed support that that support was available to him......we outsourced when we had to plus his school has a study centre for after school which is fully staffed to assist students with homework and exam prep.

I am just horrified by this news article. Actually the whole day has been a pretty horrible day considering current events

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Izy  (16-12-2012),Luna Lovegood  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    Ok so this woman has the mental capacity of a 11 year old maybe that is why they thought she would be better off with someone else. I mean if this is true an 11 year old isnt going to be able to take full care of a child. What happens when this child is 15 and needs help with homework?

Severity
    IQ Range
    Mental Age (MA) Equivalent

Mild
    50-70
    8 yrs. To 11.25 yrs.
    An 11 year old taking care of a child on her own? That would never be allowed to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    An 11 year old taking care of a child on her own? That would never be allowed to happen.
    Thats why I thought maybe they put her into another's care.

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews

There are children heading household s all over Africa. What this woman needed was support to continue doing a good job.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Chew the Mintie  (16-12-2012),HappyBovinexx  (16-12-2012),Izy  (16-12-2012),Luna Lovegood  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, the news article is vague. It says this girl was capable of having her child BUT the paternal relatives were more capable.

If she had the child for as long as she had, I fail to see a valid reason why she shouldn't be allowed to have her now.

How about this petition idea? Is anyone keen to get one going? At worst, we find out there was a genuine reason we find acceptable that the child went to relatives.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Willow For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (16-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    I agree, the news article is vague. It says this girl was capable of having her child BUT the paternal relatives were more capable.

If she had the child for as long as she had, I fail to see a valid reason why she shouldn't be allowed to have her now.

How about this petition idea? Is anyone keen to get one going? At worst, we find out there was a genuine reason we find acceptable that the child went to relatives.
    No at worse they would be pressured to give the child back and if the mother wasnt capable of caring for the child then the child can have something horrible happen. The best case is there was no reason and mother and child are reunited but who are we to even get involved? This can be a slippery slope if citizens who dont know the situations get involved in court matters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

How can anyone make a judgement to just remove a child from her caregiver of 8 years, and place her with relative strangers (pardon the pun).

It beggars belief.

And then people tell me to trust the system. Yeah right!

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect