+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You are giving them a lot of benefit of the doubt and none for the mother, because she has a disability, and less ability to pay legal fees or advocate for herself.

They are not grandparents. They could be childless. They could have failed to have their own children. Children are priceless.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (18-12-2012),peanutmonkey  (18-12-2012)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    A child should not have to raise their own parent. Soon this girls age will be above that of her mothers. Then what happens?

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub
    The 'elderly relatives' must be over 60. This girl will probably end up caring for them. For all we know they could be grooming her to be their retirement plan.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-12-2012),Missbean  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    The 'elderly relatives' must be over 60. This girl will probably end up caring for them. For all we know they could be grooming her to be their retirement plan.
    This is the same type of biased baseless assumption that you are accusing authorities of victimizing the mother with.
    Last edited by VicPark; 18-12-2012 at 06:22.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are a lot of assumptions being made to support the mother having the child back. I think what needs to be remembered is this is a newspaper article. Obviously one sided & the facts of the case may never be known.

If the case is as simple as reported then it is very sad but there seems to be a lot more to it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenga For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    There are a lot of assumptions being made to support the mother having the child back. I think what needs to be remembered is this is a newspaper article. Obviously one sided & the facts of the case may never be known.

If the case is as simple as reported then it is very sad but there seems to be a lot more to it.
    Agreed. And one side often can't be reported due to privacy laws

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Jenga  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

The frustrating this is that the information that IS public sets a dangerous precedent that if someone can do "better" your child can be taken away. Especially scary since "better"can really depend on personal beliefs.

I was always frightened that ds dad could take me to court and with a fancy layer could get 100% care. It shouldn't happen. It would be a huge miscarriage of justice, but i wouldn't have the means to access continuity in representation, or indeed have much more time than a few consults.

The system works well in theory. A little like America's healthcare. Those that don't need to use out, out have money tend to think it works fine. : laughing:

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (18-12-2012),Stiflers Mom  (18-12-2012),sweetseven  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm coming in to this late, and not saying anything that others haven't already said, but I do believe that we simply don't have the information necessary in order to make a fair assessment about what has happened.

Newspapers are not known for the accuracy of their reporting, and a story like this will always have a sensational or 'outrage' angle.

I don't think it's so much a case of having blind faith in our justice system. More one of saying that this is all speculation without knowing the reason the situation has occurred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I remember seeing a book in the library, it was about a mother that was the victim of a vicious attack involving her being doused in petrol and set alight (by her childrens father IIRC). I did not read the book, but the blurb on the back said that it was about firstly her fight to recover from her injuries (eg learning to walk again when doctors told her she would be permantenly in a wheelchair) and secondly her fight to get her children back after she recovered from her injuries. The problem was that it took considerable time for her to recover, and once she had done so, her children were deemed to be "settled" in their new situation.

From what I gather, the fight took years, but she eventually won. However that is years that her children were kept away from her unnecessarily.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 18-12-2012 at 10:12.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know of another situation.

A mother whom was stuggling and did the right thing and voluntarily admitted herself to hospital. Her daughter went into care because there was no other option. Then after a month she had recovered and was released, but the system didn't return her daughter.

They made her wait a year first to ensure that she didn't have a relapse, and then after that year when she did get her child back, DOCs had weekly visits for the next year to ensure there were no problems.

---------------

All these resources would've been better spent on helping a child that was at risk, rather than being used as a just-in-case method on a child with no risk.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Izy  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I've worked in family court and sometimes it takes too long for parents to be able to resume care of their children and the children have formed attachments to their caregivers. In these cases, sometimes (in select cases) it is better for children to stay where they are

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-12-2012),Izy  (18-12-2012)