+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

Vic park, that isn't at all how the legal system works. Conceding a case to a private lawyer is about limited time and funds, not about thinking the other side is right.

I think you are just arguing for the sake if it, but I hope you at some stage think deeper about this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    That's not true actually. The judge never viewed submissions or had evidence submitted either way. The elderly relatives wanted custody, the mothers legal advocate gave it to them. The judge signed off.
    So.... Not 1 but 3 people...all hatched some evil plan that put the child's interest last? I believe a more plausible likelihood is that the mother loved her child but just wasn't up to the job of raising her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Chew the Mintie View Post
    Vic park, that isn't at all how the legal system works. Conceding a case to a private lawyer is about limited time and funds, not about thinking the other side is right.

I think you are just arguing for the sake if it, but I hope you at some stage think deeper about this
    Disagreeing with you does not mean one is arguing for the sake of it. You need to accept there are other views out there, and without any of us being intimately involved in the case there is NO way of knowing who is on the 'right' side of the debate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Disagreeing with me doesn't mean arguing for the sake of it. But nevertheless, that is what I think is happening here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chew the Mintie For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (17-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    That just makes me believe it's the right decision even more! The situation had to be pretty bad to start with if the mothers own legal rep thought she wasn't capable.
    Ummm...I am sure her legal rep was more interested in making $$ than the child's best interest....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Re: Little girl permanently removed from her good single mother :(

I got the impression that they agreed to the terms to protect some access to the daughter. By fighting further they'd run the risk of losing all access.

It's like agreeing to a lesser charge even when innocent in a criminal matter, not cause it's the right thing, but cause it's a better alternative

Spent from my dome. Excuse autocorrect

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

Missbean  (18-12-2012),SPC  (17-12-2012)

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think some of you have an extremely naive and perhaps in some cases bigoted view of how women with disabilities are treated in Australia. I'd recommend reading this;

"Bella is 34 years old. Without her knowledge or consent, she became the victim of forcedsterilisation at the age of 12 when her parents took her to hospital for what they told her wasan operation to have her appendix removed. Nine years later, during a routine pelvicexamination, Bella was told it was her uterus, not her appendix that had been removed.Thirteen years on from her discovery, Bella’s grief and anger are still raw. The trust she had inher parents and hospital staff, she explains, was violated. “If they’d told the truth and asked me,I would have shouted ‘No!’” “My sterilisation makes me feel I’m less of a woman when I havesex because I’m not normal down there,” says Bella. “When I see other mums holding theirbabies, I look away and cry because I won’t ever know that happiness.”1 It was stories like Bella’s that initiated, more than a decade ago, Women With Disabilities Australia’scampaign to address the issues of forced sterilisation and reproductive rights of women and girls withdisabilities. "

http://www.wwda.org.au/Moving_Forwar...ing_Ground.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    But this is what I don't understand - if there was actually was a problem with the standard of care the mother was providing and relatives had geniune concerns, surely they would have been better off contacting DOCS. Instead they took the family court route which we all know can take years. It makes me think there wasn't actually a problem at all with the care the mother provided.
    You never know maybe DOCS was called and that added to it. We dont know enough of the story to say the courts were in the wrong. The grandparents were sharing parenting responsibilities which would mean she needed more help then the article is leading on wouldnt it?

You could very well be advocating that a poor child be put back in the hands of a loving but incapable mother. Let's hope the decision making stays with an independent authority who actually knows the facts of the case (a judge). If not, and harm comes to the child then shame on everyone who signs the petition.
    That is what I am afraid of something bad happening to the child becuase the parent wasnt able to protect her.

I find the blind 'mother is always in the right' faith present on Bub Hub frightening....

So.... Not 1 but 3 people...all hatched some evil plan that put the child's interest last? I believe a more plausible likelihood is that the mother loved her child but just wasn't up to the job of raising her.
    Wouldnt it be 4 ? grandma grandpa her lawyer and a judge Maybe its all a ploy to steal children away from us

SPC is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2010- The Most Passionate Crusader Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, I've seen many 'normal intelligence' parents who have killed or seriously injured their children in my years of working in intensive care. IQ is not half as importnt as more intrinsic capabilities of parenting such as compassion, dedication, social support and love for your child.

We know that DOCS had no issue with this family. The report says so. It also says that this mother was frightened of the cost of legal expenses as she has no resources. It's there in black and white. These elderly relatives, and note it does not say grandparents, appear to me to have bought this child, and I question their motives.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPC For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (18-12-2012),Izy  (18-12-2012),Missbean  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Honestly, I've seen many 'normal intelligence' parents who have killed or seriously injured their children in my years of working in intensive care. IQ is not half as importnt as more intrinsic capabilities of parenting such as compassion, dedication, social support and love for your child.

We know that DOCS had no issue with this family. The report says so. It also says that this mother was frightened of the cost of legal expenses as she has no resources. It's there in black and white. These elderly relatives, and note it does not say grandparents, appear to me to have bought this child, and I question their motives.
    What motives would they have? Seems to me since they helped raise the child until the break up which I guess means sometimes you cut off the child's support and family because they are from the ex's side want to make sure she is safe and cared for. Or at least that is what it looks like to me.