+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cash for XMAS presents

I love receiving cash or gift cards for Xmas. I am so sick of my son getting so much crap that we don't know what to do with it. Last year he was given 4 boxes of toys (big moving boxes!) from just 2 family members. We live in 2 bedroom townhouse and don't have room for that type of stuff. I asked this year for money towards child's therapy as he has enough toys atm and has been sent another 3 boxes of toys instead. Guess my local wishing tree is going to have a good one this year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Cash for XMAS presents

I try to limit the amount of toys coming in. She doesn't play with most of it. The most fun seems to be had with cheap things like play dough, colouring in and bubble blowing stuff. I'm dreading the influx of Xmas toys...I wish some of it could be cash.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Cash for XMAS presents

I like gift cards. I dont like buying them - I prefer to buy a gift for someone. But my dad gets me a Coles Myer gift card and I use it to buy clothes for myself every year, it's SO nice to have money I can't slip into the grocery budget accidentally, that's just for me and it's almost the going shopping for myself that's part of the joy of it.

But I prefer to shop myself, buy and wrap gifts. Wrapping and unwrapping is half the fun???!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Cash for XMAS presents

I don't mind receiving cash ans Maybe just something small to open! my boss got me a $100 gift card and it's perfect as I can buy what I'd like as she said I also bought them a movie gift card as these people have everything! and a lot of money so don't need possessions but I know they rarely go movies so I offered to babysit free one night so they could use the voucher.
    think Ita up to the individual

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My girls Pop always gives them cash. It's not that he doesn't love them or can't be bothered. Can you really imagine an older man not getting all confused about what to get 3x girls in Smiggle or Gloss or something. LOL

He gives them cash so that they can go pick something they really like or save up for something bigger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't like thoughtless gifts.

Gift cards or cash can be thoughtless, but not always.

A present can be thoughtless, but not always.

So my preference would be for a present that has thought and care behind me, and not something chosen for convenience/ laziness - whether that is a present or a gift card.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

jellykrystal  (16-12-2012)