+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cash for XMAS presents

I think it depends on the situation. I normally hate it, but sometimes it's not too bad. Mil normally deposits cash into our saving account ( holiday / baby account), I rather that than some of the stuff she has got in the past.
    This year I've got my sister a bras and things voucher as one of her gifts. she use to love her under garments but since the birth of my nephew as she is gone up a size she can't fit the old ones. I wanted to get her something that she had to spend on herself. Also mil and fil never go on date nights ( talk about it all the time but never go) so I got a movie voucher so again they have to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a great idea. My son gets ridiculous amounts of presents that are so similar to other things he has. My Grandma opened him a bank account when he was born, and puts cash in for Birthdays and Xmas which can be used for swimming lessons etc. I'd prefer people to give cash that can be used for something useful rather than just cr*p for the sake of buying something that ends up in the bottom of the toy box.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

PR2bMum  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do cash for my niece and nephew ( 10 and 13 ) I remember getting cash from grandparents $500 and uncles $100 ... I loved it !!
    I have no probs with giving or receiving cash !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I give my teenage nephews/nieces cash as they are so hard to buy for and like cash.
    I have no problem receiving cash as a gift, at least then I can go buy something I really need/want.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Cash for XMAS presents

I give young kids gifts and teenagers and up usually cash or a gift card. Unless they have asked for something specific

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no problem with cash or vouchers. I don't expect gifts from anyone, so when I get something no matter what it is I appreciate the fact that they've thought to give me anything.

It could also be a sign that you're hard to buy for. Hint hint. Lmao.

I know that I'm impossible to buy for, because I've realised I'm getting fussier as time goes on. So when people give me vouchers I don't take offense because I know that they want me to enjoy what I'm being given!
    Pretty thoughtful if you ask me .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I give my nieces and nephews cash as they are so spoilt they have everything and don't appreciate the effort I go to in finding a good gift. However, it must be put towards something they want and they always tell me what they bought with it. I can't afford the presents people want these days, they wouldn't appreciate a simple $20 toy!!

I find this sad.

If I had children I gave gifts to like that I'd simply not buy them anything.
    Last edited by Renesme; 15-12-2012 at 08:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't normally give cash but I do give gift cards. I find it wasteful giving people gifts they probably don't want and will just clutter up their house or go to landfill.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Eko  (15-12-2012),HarvestMoon  (15-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Depends. I would much prefer cash than a whole bunch of crap which unfortunately, is the trend for a few people in my and DHs families. Is like the quantity of presents is important to them. So yeah, I'd rather the cash because I usually end up throwing out / giving away the rubbish I get.

In saying that, I'd actually rather they donated the cash. I don't need presents.

For my brother and godson, I buy a voucher or sometimes give cash. It's what they want and like. I'm not going to buy them something they don't want. Usually they're saving up for something and want money to put towards it. I'm happy to indulge that.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    The running joke between DP and I is "gift cards the gift that says I don't know you and let's face it I can't be bothered getting to know you"

Cash is exactly the same except you were to lazy to go to the store.
    Lol this!